Poland Tourist Visa
Poland offers an array of options to the average tourist. This European country has a rich history and is bustling with museums, seaside resorts and beautiful sceneries.
Located in central Europe, Poland lies at a geographic crossroads that links northwestern Europe to the Eurasian frontier.
One of the most populous members of the European Union, Poland also enjoys a key position as the largest of the former Eastern European states.
In terms of area, Poland is the seventh largest country in Europe.
Seven countries share their borders with Poland – Russia (in the north), Germany (on the west), Czech Republic and Slovakia (on the south), and Belarus, Ukraine, and Lithuania (on the east).
The population of Poland is estimated to be around 38.5 million.
Warsaw is the capital city of Poland.
Prominent tourist destinations in Poland –
· Wieliczka Salt Mine, Wieliczka
· Warsaw Old Market Place, Warsaw
· Isle of Usedom
· Tatra National Park
· Wolf’s Lair, Gierloz, Hitler’s top-secret military headquarters hidden deep in the Masurian woods
· Zalipie Village, a tiny village best known for folksy flower paintings that adorn buildings in the area
· Wawel Royal Castle, Kraków
· Crooked Forest, Gryfino
WHY VISIT POLAND
Poland is a unique country with a rich culture and history, stunning scenery, and wonderful architecture.
There are many reasons that make Poland worth visiting. These include –
- Vibrant capital city of Warsaw
- Beautiful landscapes
- Incredible historical sites
- The old town charm
- Rich history
- Awesome mountain ranges
14 UNESCO world heritage sites
Before you plan to visit the country, don’t forget to learn about Poland’s visa requirements.
Poland offers two types of tourist visas:
- The Schengen visa: This is a short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa that is valid for 90 days. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Poland is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
- National ‘D’ visa: This is a long-term visa that allows you to stay over 90 days and up to 365 days in Poland. This is a multiple-entry visa.
Eligibility requirements to apply for tourist visa:
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by three months
- Old passports if any
- 2 passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in Poland
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Valid medical insurance with a cover of 30,000 pounds
- Cover letter mentioning the purpose of your visit to Poland and your itinerary
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children etc.)
- Bank statement of the last 3 months
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents.
Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
Do I need a visa for visiting Poland?
Yes. Citizens of India do require a visa for visiting Poland.
You will need a short-term visa which is valid for 90 days. This short-term visa is also known as the Schengen visa. As you may be aware the Schengen visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Finland is one of the countries under the Schengen agreement.
With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Finland and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
What is the processing time?
Processing time for a visit visa for Poland, as per the Schengen Visa Code, can be up to 14 working days.
Do keep in mind that the processing time can be extended to 30 days in certain cases.
The processing period can be extended to 30 days because of the number of applications received by the embassy/consulate or the uniqueness of your situation.
It can take up to 45 days for exceptional applications to be processed by the embassy/consulate.
How much will a Poland visit visa cost me?
The Consular fees for Schengen Visa (Type ‘C’) and Schengen Visa (Type ‘D’) is INR 4,900.
Will the fees be refunded if my application is rejected?
No. The fees is non-refundable.
Which visa do I have to apply for?
You will have to apply for the Schengen Visa (Type ‘C’), which allows you to stay in the Schengen Area for up to 90 days per 180 days. This visa allows for single or multiple entries and you can stay in the Schengen territory up to 90 days in the validity period of six months.
What is the process flow for a Poland visit visa?
- Register online. Do keep in mind that online registration is compulsory.
- Choose date of appointment. Appointments are only available on the dates displayed online.
- Fill in the application form.
- Submit application.
- Print out the application form and confirmation page.
- As per the jurisdiction that you come under, apply in person either at the Consular Department of the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in New Delhi or the General Consulate of the Republic of Poland in Mumbai.
How do I know where to apply in person – Delhi or Mumbai?
Depending upon your place of residence, you will have to apply to –
Apply in person at
Place of residence
The Consular Department of the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in New Delhi
The General Consulate of the Republic of Poland in Mumbai
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.