Finland short stay-Business visa
If you are planning a business trip to Finland, then you will have to apply for a short-stay visa which allows you to stay in Finland with 90 days. A stay here for more than 90 days will require a residence permit.
The short-stay visa is also known as the Schengen visa. This visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement. Finland is part of Schengen agreement. With a Schengen visa you can travel to and stay in Finland and all the other 26 Schengen countries.
Countries that are part of the Schengen area have similar visa requirements. In your visa application you will need to include the following documents:
- Completed visa application form
- Color photograph
- A valid passport with a validity of at least three months after the end of your stay period in the country
- Issue date of passport must be within the previous ten years
- Proof of having travel insurance that must be valid during the tenure of your visa and in the Schengen area.
- The value of the policy must be at least 30,000 Euros and must cover expenses of sudden illness, accident and repatriation in case of death
- Supporting documents that can include copies of tickets, a confirmation of hotel reservation, a private invitation letter and an official invitation.
- The invitation letter in the case of a business visit will have the organization’s contact details and the invited person’s details including the purpose and length of visit.
Applicant must provide proof of having enough funds to support his stay in the country
Where to apply
You can apply for the visa at the Finnish embassy or consulate nearest to you.
The business visa for Finland is only valid for a certain amount of time. As a result, it’s only good for 90 days during the course of a six-month period. The type of visa you have been given by Finnish officials determines how long you can stay in Finland:
Single-entry visa: This allows you to visit Finland once and stay for up to 90 days before leaving. You can choose to spend part of your 90 days in another Schengen country.
Double- entry visa: You can enter and exit Finland twice.
Multiple-entry visa: The visa is valid for 90 days and allows you to enter Finland as many times as you desire.
The purpose of your visit and the decision of the Finnish authorities decide the type of visa you will receive.
The following elements influence the processing time:
Your situation, as well as your nationality, are both important considerations.
Workload at the Finnish embassy, if you apply during peak visitor seasons, it will take longer.
The political climate in Finland.
15 days is the average processing time. However, depending on the conditions described above, it could take up to 30 or even 45 days.
How can Y-Axis help you?
- Advise you on the documentation that will be required for the visa
- Advise you on how the funds needed for the visa need to be shown
- Complete the application process
- Review your documents needed for the visa application
Where is a Finnish Schengen business visa valid?
A Schengen Visa (issued by a Schengen State’s consulate or embassy) is valid for all 26 Schengen States (including Finland’s European territory) unless the visa sticker indicates otherwise. As a result, visiting or staying in Finland’s European area does not require a second visa. However, for the duration of your stay and departure, you must have documentary documentation.
Is it true that the day you arrive counts as one of your visa's duration?
The dates of arrival in Finland and departure from Finland are included in the visit’s duration. When a person enters Finland via another Schengen nation, their stay in Finland is considered to start on the day they arrive.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.