Peru Tourist Visa
Peru is a South American country famous for the Amazon rainforest and Machu Picchu, an ancient Incan city located in the Andes Mountains.
For tourists wanting to visit the country a tourist visa is required. This is valid for 183 days.
A multicultural nation, Peru is situated in the western part of South America. Peru shares its borders with Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Columbia and Ecuador.
One of the most varied countries in the world, Peru is known for its traditions, vast natural reserves, and unique gastronomy.
Land of the legendary Incas, Peru has managed to retain that mythical feel.
Peru is primarily a tropical country. The northern-most tip of Peru almost reaches the Equator. Even with the tropical location of the country, Peru offers a great diversity of climates.
The fastest growing economy in Latin America, Peru has the world’s biggest silver reserves. Peru also has Latin America’s largest reserves of zinc, lead, and gold.
Spanish is the official language of Peru. Other spoken languages in Spain include Quechua and Aymara.
The population of Peru is estimated to be around 33 million.
Lima, also known as “The City of Kings”, is the capital of Peru. Lima is the most-crowded as well as the biggest city in Peru.
Prominent tourist destinations in Norway –
· Machu Pichu, the majestic Inca City ruins in the backdrop of cloud-covered mountains
· Moray, site with many big terraces carved into a huge earthen bowl
· Plaza de Armas, heart of the city of Lima, with streets radiating in a grid-formation
· Colca Canyon
· Uros Islands
· Inca Trail
· Nazca Lines
· City of Cusco, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
· Sacred Valley
· Ollantaytambo, the only Inca town that is still inhabited
· The Salt Mines of Maras
· The Market of Pisac
WHY VISIT PERU
A country of contrasts, Peru is a unique, colourful, multicultural country. Peru lays claim to an immense variety in geography, history, biodiversity, gastronomy, and culture.
There are many reasons that make Peru worth visiting. These include –
- The ancient ruins and culture
- Natural diversity, Peru has 25+ individual climates
- Biodiversity, attracting many researchers and scientists
- Rich history
Peru comes bundled with the best of Latin America, from the dunes of Ica to the coastal lands of Lima, right up to the Peruvian Amazon, crossing the Andes Mountain Range in between.
Eligibility requirements for tourist visa:
- Have a genuine reason to visit the country
- Have the finances to support your stay
- Meet health and character requirements
- Have proof of motive to return to your home country
Documents required for the visa application:
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by six months
- Three passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Details about your itinerary
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings
- Copy of tour ticket
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- A cover letter with all the required details about your itinerary
- Letter from the organization where you are working
- Recent statement from your bank
- Income tax statements
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents.
Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa.
Here are the details of the visa fees for different categories:
|Single entry||INR 3371|
How can Y-Axis help you?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
Which form do I have to fill up for visit visa Peru?
You will have to submit 2 copies of Form DGC-005, duly typed or handwritten. To be filled in block letters and with black ink.
What is the processing time for Peru visit visa for Indians?
Generally, business and tourist visa for Peru processing time for Indian nationals is from 4 to 5 working days.
What is the validity of visit visa for Peru?
Tourist visas issued by the Peruvian government have a 6 months’ validity, to be counted from the date of the issuance of the visa.
What if I don’t use my visit visa for Peru?
If a tourist visa for Peru is not used during its 6 months’ validity, it will automatically expire.
Where can I submit my application for visit visa Peru?
Peru visit visa applications can only be submitted as well as processed at the Embassy of Peru in New Delhi.
Can I send my visit visa Peru application to the Embassy by courier?
No. Documents sent via email or through courier will not be considered.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.