Czech Republic Tourist Visa
The Czech Republic situated in Central Europe can be a tourist’s delight because of its history and culture. If you want to visit the Czech Republic, you must have a tourist visa. Since the country is part of the Schengen area agreement, you can apply for a Schengen visa to visit the country. This visa is valid for 90 days.
Since the Czech Republic is part of the Schengen area you can travel to and stay in the country and all the other 26 Schengen countries with this visa.
List of documents required for visa application:
- Original passport with at least three months validity
- Passport should have at least one blank page
- Completed application form
- Recent passport-size photo
- Confirmed onward and return ticket
- Itinerary during your period of stay in the country
- Proof of having finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- Recent statement from your bank
- Proof of income tax returns
- Proof of having a valid medical insurance
To apply for the tourist visa, you need to fill an online application form. You must submit the required visa and travel documents.
Here are the details of the visa fees for Indian citizens under different categories:
|Child (6-12 years)||Rs.11178.82|
|Child (below 6 years)||Rs.8578.82|
How can Y-Axis help you?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
Which visa do I have to apply for?
For travelling to Czech Republic as a tourist or visitor, you will be required to apply for the short-term (Schengen) visa for up to 90 days.
Do I have to make a prior appointment?
Yes, you will have to book an appointment in advance.
What is the processing time?
The processing time for a short-term (Schengen) visa is up to 15 calendar days. Do keep in mind that, in individual cases, the processing time can be extended to 30 or even 60 calendar days.
Why is the processing time extended?
The processing time can extend beyond 15 calendar days in situations where –
- Further scrutiny of the application is required, or
- Additional documentation is needed.
What is the ideal time to apply?
The Embassy of the Czech Republic in New Delhi “strongly recommends to apply at least 3 weeks prior the planned departure”.
Can I appeal if my visa was rejected?
Yes, you can appeal against the rejection.
What is the appeal procedure?
The appeal against the rejection will have to be lodged at the Embassy of the Czech Republic in New Delhi.
No emails are entertained in this behalf.
You can only start an appeal procedure by submitting a written application for the same.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.