Establish Your Business & Settle In Canada
The Nova Scotia Nominee Program for Entrepreneurs is your path to Canada if you are seeking to settle as an investor. Designed to attract entrepreneurs, businesspersons, senior business executives and HNIs to Canada, the Nova Scotia Nominee Program is a by invitation program that can lead to a Permanent Residency in Canada after one year of running your business in Nova Scotia. Y-Axis can assist you in evaluating your options and creating an application package to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program which has the highest chances of success.
Nova Scotia Nominee Program Details
The Nova Scotia Nominee Program allows you to live, work and settle in Nova Scotia, Canada. You must invest in and establish your business in Nova Scotia. The Program details are:
- Applicants must submit an online Expression of Interest in the program
- If your EOI is evaluated positively you need to submit your application to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program
- Applicants will be called for an in-person interview
- If your application is approved you need to establish your business in Nova Scotia and actively manage it
- One year after establishing and running your business you can request for nomination for a Canadian Permanent Residency
- You must then create your Canadian PR application and apply
Eligibility For Nova Scotia Nominee Program:
The Nova Scotia Nominee Program is aimed at businesspeople with the track record and ability to set up and run a business in Nova Scotia, Canada. As such, the minimum eligibility requirements for this program are that applicants:
- Must be at least 21 years old at the time of applying
- Must have a net worth of at least $600,000 CAD
- Must invest at least $150,000 CAD of your own money to establish a business in Nova Scotia.
- Must have 3+ years of experience managing and owning a business or must have 5+ years of experience in a senior management role
- Must demonstrate language proficiency in English/French
How Y-Axis Can Help?
With one of the best Canadian immigration teams in the world, Y-Axis can ensure your application meets all the documentation standards and has the highest chance of success. Our teams will help you assess your chances and assist you at every step of your Nova Scotia Nominee Program application.
How long will it take to process Nova Scotia PNP?
The Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program application process is designed for speed and simplicity. The application pathway and process largely determines the time taken for the complete assessment of the application. However, the average time for completing the process is around 3 to 6 months.
What is the Nova Scotia PNP?
The Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program is designed to enhance immigration to the province. This is by permitting Immigration Officers of Nova Scotia to choose overseas nationals interested in immigrating to Canada. These must possess the specific skills required by the economy of the province.
An individual can obtain nomination certificate from Nova Scotia PNP in 2 ways:
Outside Express Entry
A person can straightaway submit EOI to the NSOI – Nova Scotia Office of Immigration outside of Express Entry. The applicants will then be assessed based on a point’s grid. Qualified candidates will then be offered an invitation to apply to the NSPNP. They can then create an Express Entry profile and offer the nomination details after being nominated.
Individuals interested to immigrate to Nova Scotia can create a fresh Express Entry profile. They can indicate an interest in the province through the online immigration system.
The NSPNP can then contact the Express Entry profiles. These must have the specific experience and skills that Nova Scotia is looking for in the labour market. They must also have included Nova Scotia as a province they are willing to settle in.
Express Entry profiles that include the particular skills and experience the province is looking for in its skilled labour force may then be contacted by the Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program if they have listed NS as a province they would be open to settling in.
How do I apply to Nova Scotia?
The NSPNP – Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program invites applicants to apply for a nomination under diverse streams. Some of the major ones are:
- Nova Scotia Experience Express Entry stream
- Skilled Worker Stream
- International Graduate Entrepreneur stream
Nevertheless, the Category B – Nova Scotia Demand Express Entry is the key stream. This is when it comes to obtaining a nomination from the NSPNP without a job offer. It has been designed for applicants who have experience in an opportunity occupation. This stream closes and opens all around the year based on the latest status.
How do I apply for Nova Scotia Demand Express Entry?
The applicants of Category B- Nova Scotia Demand Express Entry are required to:
- Possess a profile in Express Entry
- Have a minimum of 1 year of skilful work experience in one of the targeted occupations
- Secure 67 or plus points in the 6 selection factors of the stream
- Possess a High School credential in Canada or its equivalent
- Demonstrate language proficiency in French or English at CLB 7 (Canadian Language Benchmark) or higher
- Demonstrate adequate financial resources to successfully settle in Nova Scotia
What are the documents required for Nova Scotia PNP?
The documentation needed for NSPNP will depend on the stream that you are applying for. The Category B- Nova Scotia Demand Express Entry is the best option to obtain Canada PR nomination. This is if you are a skilled worker. The documents that you will require for this stream are:
- A verified overseas Certificate/Diploma and its ECA report (Educational Credential Assessment) from an authorized assisting agency
- Proof of language proficiency in French or English with a score of minimum CLB 7
- Reference letters from all the employers in the last 6 years as per the specified format for demonstrating work experience
- Valid travel documents/Passport
- Marriage Certificate if in case applicable
- Birth certificates for dependent kids if in case applicable
- Official statements from the bank for the last 3 months indicating the balance in the account and history of transactions
- Statements for fixed deposits and investment portfolios along with the terms and conditions to withdraw these funds before the maturity
- Any other appropriate document specified in the Document checklist
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.