Know all about the Working Holiday Visa for Australia
Posted on September 24, 2018
Pristine beaches, absolutely stunning coastlines, and wide open roads make Australia a favorite destination for many. If you are considering a working holiday in Australia read on to know all about the Working Holiday Visa for Australia.
What are the eligibility criteria?
You may qualify for a Working Holiday Visa if
- You are aged between 18 and less than 31 years of age at the time of applying
- You do not have a dependent child coming with you to Australia
- You are a citizen of an “eligible country” and hold a valid passport
- You do not have any medical conditions or criminal cases against you
- You have sufficient funds to support the duration of your stay in Australia
- If you are applying for the Working Holiday Visa for the first time, you must be living outside of Australia. You would also be required to stay outside of Australia till your Working Holiday Visa is granted.
What Visa should I apply for?
There are two subclasses under the Working Holiday Visa category depending on your country of citizenship, as per Taxback:
- Subclass 417: If you belong to any one of the below countries you would need to apply for the Subclass 417 Visa
- Republic of Cyprus
- Republic of Korea
- Republic of Ireland
- United Kingdom
- Hong Kong
- Subclass 462: If you hold a valid passport from any one of the below countries then you would need to apply for the Subclass 462 Visa
- People’s Republic of China
- Czech Republic
- Slovak Republic
- San Marino
What can you do on the Working Holiday Visa?
The Working Holiday Visa of Australia allows you to:
- Stay in Australia for a period of up to a year
- Work in Australia for up to 6 months with one employer
- Study in Australia for up to 4 months
- While your visa is valid, leave and re-enter Australia
How much fund should I show in my bank account?
You would need to show at least AUD $5000 in your bank account while applying for this Visa. This is to cover your initial cost of moving to Australia before you find employment.
What does the Visa cost?
The Visa cost for the Working Holiday Visa is AUD $420.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of Visa and Immigration products as well as services for aspiring immigrants including General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489 with RMA review, Work Visa for Australia, Visit Visa for Australia, and Business Visa for Australia.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…