Job Trends – Canada – Accountants
Posted on October 21, 2020
The finance sector in Canada has a demand for accountants. They can find employment in either private sector accounting and auditing firms or departments or public sector accounting and auditing departments or units, or can be self-employed.
Job prospects for Accountants
Median wage per hour
The median wage for this profession is approximately 34 dollars per hour and the maximum wages for this profession is in the Canadian province of Northwest Territories which is 51.37 dollars per hour.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||18.46||30.77||48.08|
|Prince Edward Island||15.87||31.79||46.15|
- Management skills
- Analytical skills
- Analyze information
- Projection of outcomes
- Research and investigation
- Communication skills
- Advice and consultation
- Professional communication
- Teaching and Training
- Business, Finance and Management skills
- Law and Public Safety
- Law, Government, and Jurisprudence
3-year job prospect-The job prospect in the next three years for accountants is fair in most provinces of Canada.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||Fair|
|Prince Edward Island||Fair|
For this profession, 10% of the openings will remain vacant in the next ten years due to skill shortage.
Chartered accountants require a university degree and completion of a technical training program accredited by a Provincial Institute of Chartered Accountants and, depending on the jurisdiction, on-the-job training and membership in a Provincial Institute of Chartered Accountants following satisfactory completion of the Uniform Evaluation (UFE).
Certified general accountants and certified management accountants require a university degree and completion of a training program approved by the Certified General Accountants or Management Accountants Society, and several years of on-the-job training and certification by the Certified General Accountants Association or the Society of Management Accountants.
Apart from the relevant degree and training, accountants will have to have some work experience.
Accountants will require certification from a regulatory authority for working in any of the provinces on Canada.
Number of vacancies- There are 341 job openings for accountants in Canada.
- Planning, setting up and maintaining accounting systems and preparing financial statements for entities, departments within organizations, businesses and other institutions
- Examine financial documents, and prepare accounts and reports
- Develop and maintain cost-finding procedures, reporting and internal control
- Analyze reports and financial statements and provide legal, company and tax advice
- Can act as trustee in insolvency proceedings
- May oversee and train students in articling, other accountants, or administrative technicians.
Do you want to explore other Job Trends in Canada?
Here is a ready list for you.