Job trends Canada – Sales Supervisors
Posted on September 30, 2020
Retail sales supervisors supervise workers such as:
- Retail salespersons
- Store shelf stockers
- Clerks and order fillers
- Other sales related occupations
They are hired by stores and other retail businesses, wholesale businesses, rental service establishments and businesses involved in telemarketing.
Job prospects for sales supervisors in Canada
Sales Supervisor -NOC 6211
Median wage per hour- The median wage for this profession is 18 dollars per hour and the maximum wages for this profession is in the Canadian province of British Columbia where the median wage is 20.19 dollars per hour.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||11.65||15.20||25.00|
|Prince Edward Island||12.85||17.50||25.96|
- Management skills for recruiting and hiring, organizing and supervising workers
- Skills to analyze information
- Communication to sell and teach and train others Teaching and Training
- Information handling skills to process information
- Knowledge of business, finance and management
3-year job prospect-The job prospect in the next three years for sales supervisors is good in most provinces of Canada.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||Fair|
|Prince Edward Island||Fair|
For sales supervisors, new job openings over the period between 2019-2028 is expected to be 78,600, while 83,400 new job seekers will be available to fill them.
Job openings and job seekers are expected to be at relatively similar levels over the next few years and the balance between labor supply and demand is expected to continue till 2028.
- Completion of secondary school education is required.
- Previous retail sales experience as a retail salesperson or sales clerk, cashier, telemarketer, door-to-door salesperson or rental agent is necessary.
Sales supervisors require a certification from a regulatory authority before they start working in Quebec. The details are as per the table below:
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Québec||Supervisor (retail)||Regulated||Emploi Québec|
Number of vacancies- There are 1,497 job openings for sales supervisors in Canada.
Responsibilities of a sales supervisor
- Supervising and managing the employees of distribution and cashiers
- Assigning assignments to sales staff and planning work schedules
- Authorize purchases and merchandise returns
- Solve problems that can occur, including demands from consumers, concerns and shortages of supply
- Maintain specific inventory and order merchandise
- Preparation of information on sales amounts, merchandising and staffing problems
- If appropriate, they can perform key holding and management tasks, such as opening and closing the shop, handling escalated complaints, designing and implementing marketing strategies, and signing deliveries.
Do you want to explore other Job Trends in Canada?
Here is a ready list for you.