Job Trends – Canada – General Office Support Clerk
Posted on October 12, 2020
General office support workers perform the duties of preparing correspondence, reports, operate office equipment, respond to telephone calls and verify and record forms and documents such as contract forms and also execute general clerical duties. They are employed in both public and private sectors.
Job prospects for Admin or General Office Support
General office support workers-NOC 1411
All jobs available in the labour market in Canada are classified as per the National Classification Code (NOC). Each of the occupation groups has a unique NOC code assigned.
In Canada, an individual working in an occupation with NOC 1411 can expect to earn somewhere between CAD 14.00/hour and CAD 30.77/hour.
Average wage per hour- The average or median wage for this profession is CAD 21.43 per hour and the maximum wages for this profession is in the Northwest Territories where the median wage is CAD 29.00 per hour.
Prevailing Hourly wages for NOC 1411 in Canada
|Newfoundland and Labrador||13.00||22.00||28.75|
|Prince Edward Island||13.39||22.52||26.67|
Skills/Knowledge required for NOC 1411 in Canada
Generally, the following skills and knowledge will be required for working in Canada as a general office support worker–
|Skills||Service and care||Serving others|
|Information handling||Processing information|
|Handling goods and materials||Sorting|
|Knowledge||Business, finance and management||· Clerical
· Client service
|Essential skills||· Reading
· Document use
· Oral communication
· Digital technology
|Other essential skills||· Working with others
· Continuous learning
3-year job prospect-The job prospect in the next three years for this profession is fair in most provinces of Canada.
Job opportunities over the next 3 years for NOC 1411 in Canada, by province and territory.
|Job prospects||Location in Canada|
· British Columbia
· New Brunswick
· Newfoundland and Labrador
· Northwest Territories
· Nova Scotia
· Prince Edward Island
There will be more job openings than job seekers for this position in the next ten years. Many vacancies may not get filled due to skill shortage.
- Completion of secondary school education
- Completion of college business or commercial courses
Responsibilities of General office support workers
- Proofreading, forms and other documents
- Receive telephone or electronic enquiries and forward them
- Maintain and prepare records, inventories, mailing lists and databases from manual or electronic files
- Sorting, collection and verification of requests, receipts and other records
- Manually or electronically manage incoming and outbound mail
- Send and receive correspondence
- Perform simple tasks for bookkeeping
- Compile information, statistics and other data
- Draw up invoices
- Providing consumers and the public with general knowledge
- Mark files according to schedules for preservation and disposal
- Prepare and track budgets and contracts
- Store, refresh and retrieve financial details
- Label, file and retrieve documents
Permanent residence in Canada can be acquired through various pathways.
Do you want to explore other Job Trends in Canada?
Here is a ready list for you.