Job Trends – Canada – General Office Support Clerk
Posted on October 12, 2020
General office support workers perform the duties of preparing correspondence, reports, operate office equipment, respond to telephone calls and verify and record forms and documents such as contract forms and also execute general clerical duties. They are employed in both public and private sectors.
Job prospects for Admin or General Office Support
General office support workers-NOC 1411
Median wage per hour- The median wage for this profession is 20.51 dollars per hour and the maximum wages for this profession is in the Northwest territories where the median wage is 28.49 dollars per hour.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||13.00||21.95||28.57|
|Prince Edward Island||13.75||21.54||26.67|
- Ability to process information
- Knowledge of handling goods and materials
- Knowledge of Business, Finance and Management
3-year job prospect-The job prospect in the next three years for general office support workers is fair in most provinces of Canada.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||Fair|
|Prince Edward Island||Fair|
There will be more job openings than job seekers for this position in the next ten years. Vacancies may not get filled due to skill shortage.
- Completion of secondary school education
- Completion of college business or commercial courses
Number of vacancies- There are 244 job openings for general office support workers in Canada.
Responsibilities of General office support workers
- Proofreading, forms and other documents
- Receive telephone or electronic enquiries and forward them
- Maintain and prepare records, inventories, mailing lists and databases from manual or electronic files
- Sorting, collection and verification of requests, receipts and other records
- Manually or electronically manage incoming and outbound mail
- Send and receive correspondence
- Perform simple tasks for bookkeeping
- Compile information, statistics and other data
- Draw up invoices
- Providing consumers and the public with general knowledge
- Mark files according to schedules for preservation and disposal
- Prepare and track budgets and contracts
- Store, refresh and retrieve financial details
- Label, file and retrieve documents
Do you want to explore other Job Trends in Canada?
Here is a ready list for you.