Job trends – Canada – Finance officers
Posted on November 17, 2020
Finance officers maintain account books, verify financial transactions and do bookkeeping functions. They are employed both in public and private sector companies.
Finance officer-NOC 1311
Median wage per hour
The median wage for this profession is approximately 22 dollars per hour and the maximum median wage for this profession is in the Canadian province of Nunavut which is 51.21 dollars per hour.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||12.50||19.23||33.65|
|Prince Edward Island||13.00||18.00||27.50|
- Management skills
- Analytical skills
- Analyze information
- Projection of outcomes
- Research and investigation
- Communication skills
- Advice and consultation
- Professional communication
- Teaching and Training
- Business, Finance and Management skills
- Law and Public Safety
- Law, Government, and Jurisprudence
3-year job prospect-The job prospect in the next three years for finance officers is fair in most provinces of Canada.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||Fair|
|Prince Edward Island||Fair|
For this profession, 10% of the openings will remain vacant in the next ten years due to skill shortage.
- Completion of secondary school education is compulsory
- Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field or Completion of two years of any recognized professional accounting program or completion of courses in accounting or bookkeeping combined with work experience
Number of vacancies- There are 1093 job openings for finance officers in Canada at present.
- Calculate and prepare payroll cheques
- Reconcile accounts
- Post entries to the journal
- Maintain financial records and general ledgers
- Prepare books for trial balance
- Calculate depreciation and fixed assets
- Prepare reports on statistics, finance and accounting
- Arrange for tax returns
- Using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems to maintain financial records and develop, maintain and balance different accounts
Do you want to explore other Job Trends in Canada?
Here is a ready list for you.