Work In Canada As A Skilled Tradesperson
Are you a tradesperson with experience in plumbing, electrical, construction, maintenance, HVAC, agriculture, cooking, bakery or manufacturing works? The Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program invites tradespersons from across the world to come work and settle in Canada. One of the world’s most developed countries, Canada is facing a shortfall of tradespeople and this is your opportunity. Y-Axis can help you identify your approach to this program and assist you at every step of your application.
Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program Details
The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for skilled workers who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade. As long as you meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as per the National Occupational Classification, and can meet the minimum eligibility criteria, you are in a great position to apply for the FSTP Program. The key features of this program are:
- Get Invited by IRCC with CRS as low as 199
- More than 100 designated trades and occupations
- Applicants are not required to prove their level of education to enter the pool.
- Great opportunity to apply to permanently live and work in Provinces like Ontario, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
The documentation required for the Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program includes:
- Current passport and travel history
- Meet the required language levels
- Must have spent at least 2 out of the past 5 years in your trade
- Your trade must fall under the National Occupationnel Classification list
- While there is no educational requirement having a Canadian education or equivalent foreign credential can improve your Express Entry ranking
- Police clearance certificate
- Other supporting documents
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
Y-Axis offers end-to-end support to help make your application process smoother. Our services include:
- Immigration documents checklist
- Complete application processing
- Forms, documentation & application filing
- Updates & follow up
- Job search services
- Relocation and post-landing support in Canada
Y-Axis has helped thousands of individuals work and settles abroad. Rely on our proven processes to help you through your Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program process.
How do I apply for FSTP?
Through Express Entry which manages the applications for 3 economic immigration programs –
- Federal Skilled Trades Program [FSTP]
- Canadian Experience Class [CEC]
- Federal Skilled Worker Program [FSWP]
To increase your chances of being invited to apply for Canada PR – When in the Express Entry pool, lodge Expression of Interest [EOI] with provinces/territories that are part of the Provincial Nominee Program [PNP].
Is there any educational requirement for FSTP?
There is no educational requirement for FSTP.
Do I have to show proof of funds for FSTP?
Generally, proof of funds is needed when applying under FSWP or FSTP.
But, no proof of settlement funds is needed if the applicant –
- Currently has work authorization in Canada, and
- Has a valid job offer from a Canadian employer.
Do note that both conditions must be met.
What skill level is needed for FSTP?
Occupations that come under FSTP all require Skill Type B as per the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification [NOC].
Do I have to stay in a specific part of Canada?
If eligible for FSTP, you can stay in any part of Canada except Quebec. The province of Quebec has its own selection process.
At the time of filling your profile, you will have to mention where you plan to live in Canada. But it is not mandatory to settle in that province/state.
Do note that if you are nominated by a province/territory through the Provincial Nominee Program [PNP], you must settle in the province/territory that has nominated you.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.