Work In Canada As A Skilled Tradesperson
Are you a tradesperson with experience in plumbing, electrical, construction, maintenance, HVAC, agriculture, cooking, bakery or manufacturing works? The Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program invites tradespersons from across the world to come work and settle in Canada. One of the world’s most developed countries, Canada is facing a shortfall of tradespeople and this is your opportunity. Y-Axis can help you identify your approach to this program and assist you at every step of your application.
Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program Details
The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for skilled workers who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade. As long as you meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as per the National Occupational Classification, and can meet the minimum eligibility criteria, you are in a great position to apply for the FSTP Program. The key features of this program are:
- Get Invited by IRCC with CRS as low as 199
- More than 100 designated trades and occupations
- Applicants are not required to prove their level of education to enter the pool.
- Great opportunity to apply to permanently live and work in Provinces like Ontario, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
The documentation required for the Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program includes:
- Current passport and travel history
- Meet the required language levels
- Must have spent at least 2 out of the past 5 years in your trade
- Your trade must fall under the National Occupationnel Classification list
- While there is no educational requirement having a Canadian education or equivalent foreign credential can improve your Express Entry ranking
- Police clearance certificate
- Other supporting documents
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
Y-Axis offers end-to-end support to help make your application process smoother. Our services include:
- Immigration documents checklist
- Complete application processing
- Forms, documentation & application filing
- Updates & follow up
- Job search services
- Relocation and post-landing support in Canada
Y-Axis has helped thousands of individuals work and settles abroad. Rely on our proven processes to help you through your Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program process.
What is Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program?
The Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program is a golden chance for skilled overseas workers to obtain the Canada PR Visa. The FSWP chooses immigrants depending on their capability to succeed in Canada economically. Skilled workers are immigrants who are chosen based on various factors of their profile like Education, Work experience, Age, etc.
The Federal Skilled Worker Program was launched on 1 January 2015. Its applications are processed under the Express Entry system. FSW has 347 occupations in high demand. It is a fast-track method to obtain the Canada PR Visa.
What is Skilled Worker Visa for Canada?
The FSW – Federal Skilled Worker Visa is for individuals who are selected to migrate to Canada due to their skills and work experience. The applicants must:
- Have a job offer in Canada, or
- Be qualified to work in Canada, or
- Be in a position to demonstrate that they have adequate money to support themselves and dependents after arrival to Canada, and
- Possess minimum one year of full-time skilled work experience or its equivalent
- Fulfil minimum language requirements in French or English
- Possess a Post-secondary Degree, Diploma, or Certificate
- Plan to reside outside Quebec province
How can I get Canadian Skilled Work Visa?
The applicants of Canada Skilled Work Visa must have work experience at either of the skill level 0, A, or B. This is on the NOC – National Occupational Classification of Canada.
The work experience must be full-time and paid or part-time equivalent hours. This experience must have been obtained in the past ten years.
The above conditions are not applicable if you have a stable job offer in Canada. You will require a minimum of 67 points to qualify for applying as an FSW. The points are awarded based on your:
- Proficiency in French or English
- Work experience
- Arranged employment in Canada if any
It must be noted here that the point’s system of the FSW is different from the points system of the Express Entry system. You can submit your profile to the Express Entry is you are qualified to apply under the FSW stream.
How do I apply to the Federal Skilled Worker Program in Canada?
To apply as a Skilled Worker for Canada and establish yourself as a Permanent Resident there, you must follow the steps outlined here:
- Create a profile in the federal Express Entry system
- Make an EOI – Expression of Interest as a skilled worker and submit it to CIC
- Your profile in Express Entry will be offered score based on the Comprehensive Ranking System
- IRCC will offer you an ITA – Invitation to Apply for the Canada PR Visa if you score high
- Fulfil character and health clearance, security checks and submit a Visa application for approval
- A Visa Officer will assess your profile and approve it
- Pay the fee for PR Visa and request for your Passport
• Complete the required process, immigrate to Canada and begin your new life
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.