Best countries in the world to have an Overseas Career – HSBC Survey
Posted on September 4, 2018
HSBC has released a report ranking the best countries in the world for career-conscious expats. It surveyed nearly 27,000 people from over 190 countries for the report. It takes into consideration how easy it is to work, live and raise their family in the country where they live in. Other major factors like work-life balance, career progression, benefits, and perks were also considered.
Here are the top 5 countries to work in:
1. Switzerland: Switzerland has been ranked as the best destination to have an Overseas Career, a second time in a row. It has a great work culture, good work-life balance, and excellent earnings prospects. For an expat, the average annual income in Switzerland may be around $188,275. This is twice the global average of $97,419.
2. Germany: If job security, career progression and acquiring new skills are your priority then you should consider Germany. 70% of the surveyed expats said that the Job Security in Germany was much better than their home country. The average annual income for an expat is roughly around $97,693.
3. Sweden: Of all the surveyed expats in Sweden, 71% confirmed that the work culture there was better than back at home. The expat in Sweden can expect an annual salary of $84,802.
4. UAE: 75% of the expats in UAE receive health benefits and 56% receive an accommodation allowance. Living in a tax-free country is also one of the added perks. An expat can earn up to $112,820 on average annually.
5. Norway: Norway is a new entrant in the top 10 list. As per HSBC, expats working in Norway had the best work-life balance among all the other countries. The average annual salary for an expat is around $97,486.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to the aspiring overseas immigrants including Y-International Resume 0-5 yrs, Y-International Resume (Senior Level) 5+ yrs, Y Jobs, Y-Path, Resume Marketing Services One State and One Country.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…