Y-Axis Overseas Jobs#

Get the latest and most useful updates on overseas careers, immigration, travel and visas here.

All about Temporary work visas for Australia

Posted on January 4, 2020
Comment (0)
Share :
Y-Axis Blog

Temporary work visas for Australia

If you are looking to work in Australia on a temporary basis, then you will need to apply for a temporary visa. Australia offers different temporary visas to cater to migrants who want to come here temporarily for various purposes. The temporary work visas come with certain conditions that make you eligible to work with a specific employer or do only specific work in Australia.

We will look at the various temporary work visa options available for Australia to help you decide which will be the best one to meet your needs.

Temporary work visa options:

These are the temporary work visa options available:

The provisional visa can be your pathway to permanent residency, you can apply for a PR visa related to the provisional visa.

Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482):

This visa helps Australian employers to bring in skilled workers from outside when they are unable to find skilled workers within the country. This visa allows workers to stay in the country between 2 to 4 years.

This visa requires sponsorship, you must be nominated for a skilled position by an approved sponsor. You must also have the right skills to do the job and have the relevant English language proficiency.

Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485):

This visa is for international students who have recently graduated and have the relevant skills and qualifications related to the specific occupations required by Australia.

International students who have recently graduated from Australian universities are also eligible for this visa.

The visa allows you to live and work in Australia temporarily and allows you to bring your family with you. However, the applicant must be below 50 years of age.

Skilled – Recognized Graduate Visa (subclass 476):

With this visa recent engineering graduates to work, live or study in Australia for up to 18 months. Applicants should have completed a degree from a specific institution within the past 2 years. Applicant should be under 31 years of age.

You should have completed an engineering degree and must be under 31 years. With this visa, you can work and study in Australia.

Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa:

This visa is for skilled workers who want to live and work in Australia. You can bring your family on this visa. If you get this visa, you will be eligible to apply for the Skilled Regional (Permanent) visa or Subclass 887 visa.

Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188):

This visa is applicable for people with business skills. It makes them eligible to operate a new or existing business in Australia. With this visa, you can stay up to 4 years in Australia.

General requirements for temporary visas:

Get IELTS certification with an appropriate score

Get your credentials assessed by relevant authorities

Submit the required medical and health certification

Application process:

To apply for a temporary work visa, you must first ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for the visa category you have selected. You must have the necessary documents to submit along with your application. The application can only be made online.

Temporary visa conditions:

Under this visa, individuals can work between two to four years depending on the employee’s requirement. To issue this visa, companies will have to prove that they are facing a skills shortage.

 Companies taking employees on this visa must pay them the market salary.

Australia offers several temporary visa options and the good news is that some of them can help you get a PR visa. Take the help of immigration to choose the right visa option.

Share :

Submit a Comment


Feedpost Accrediation

Follow Us

We want to hear from you!