India has emerged as the top source nation for overseas workers/non-EU workers in Germany. This has been revealed by DESTATIS – the Federal Statistical Office. The breakup of the non-EU citizens arriving in Germany for work is as follows:
1. India – 12%
2. China – 11%
3. Bosnia – 8%
4. Herzegovina– 8%
5. The US – 7%
The number of non-EU citizens arriving in Germany for work has increased by 20% for the third consecutive year. The statistics reveal that the majority of these overseas workers are males from India followed by China and the US.
Below is the brief of major findings by DESTATIS – the Federal Statistical Office in Germany:
• The number of non-EU nationals with Work Visa in Germany increased to 266,000 in 2018 from 217,000 in 2017
• This is the third consecutive year that their numbers have increased by 20%
• The age of the new arrivals was 35 years on an average and 2/3rds of them were males
• More than 80% had Provisional Work Visa and 17% of them had Permanent Work Visa permitting them to remain indefinitely
• The DESTATIS revealed that Herzegovina, Bosnia, Serbia, Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Albania accounted for nearly 25% of the foreigners with Germany Work Visas in 2018. They made up just around 9% in 2015.
The Balkan nations were declared safe in 2015. Since then, it has become tougher for their nationals to obtain Residence Visas in Germany on Humanitarian grounds. This has made immigration to work a more feasible option.
The Government of Germany approved new policies by the end of 2018 that is aimed at catering to the huge scarcity of workers in the labour market. The changes imply that now it is easier for skilled workers including non-EU nationals to immigrate to Germany. This is especially if they are working in a field that has shortages of skills, as quoted by the DW.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to aspiring overseas immigrants including Jobseeker Visa, Y-International Resume (Senior Level) 5+ yrs, Resume Marketing Services One State and One Country, Y Jobs Premium Membership, Y-Path – Y-Path for Licensed Professionals, Y-Path for Students & Fresher’s, Y-Path for Working Professionals and Job Seeker, International SIM card, Forex solutions, and Banking services.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…