Y-Axis Overseas Jobs#

Get the latest and most useful updates on overseas careers, immigration, travel and visas here.

Manitoba has 168,700 job openings for 2018 to 2024

Posted on March 23, 2020
Comment (0)
Share :
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
pinterest
Y-Axis Blog
reddit

Manitoba Jobs

Manitoba is one of the Prairie Provinces of Canada. Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta together make up the Canadian Prairie Provinces.

The name Manitoba comes from an Indian word that means “the God who speaks”.

Along with there being over 100,000 lakes in the province, more than two-fifths of the land area in Manitoba is covered with forests.

Winnipeg is the capital of Manitoba.

A part of Canada’s Provincial Nominee Program [PNP], Manitoba has its own program – the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program [MPNP] – for the selection and induction of prospective immigrants to the province.

Immigrants considered for permanent residency in Manitoba are skilled workers, recent graduates, and business people.

Immigrants invited through the MPNP must have the intention of as well as the ability for successfully settling down and establishing themselves in the province. Such people are invited to settle down in Manitoba along with their families.

There are 3 main streams under the MPNP:

Skilled Worker Stream

International Education Stream [IES]

Business Investor Stream [BIS]

There are different pathways that come under each of these streams.

If you are looking to settle down in Manitoba with your family, the pathways available for you are:

MPNP pathways available:

Pathway

Aligned with Express Entry

Job Offer required

Current Status

Skilled Workers Overseas [SWO]

No

No

Open

Skilled Workers Overseas [SWO] – Manitoba Express Entry Pathway

Yes

No

Open

Skilled Workers Overseas [SWO] – Human Capital Pathway

No

No

Open

Skilled Workers in Manitoba [SWM]

No

Yes

Open

Skilled Workers in Manitoba [SWM] – Manitoba Experience Pathway

No

Yes

Open

Skilled Workers in Manitoba [SWM] – Employer Direct Recruitment Pathway

No

Yes

Open

International Education Stream [IES] – Career Employment Pathway

No

Yes

Open

International Education Stream [IES] – Graduate Internship Pathway

No

No

Open

International Education Stream [IES] – Student Entrepreneur Pilot

No

No

Open

Business Investor Stream [BIS] – Entrepreneur Pathway

No

No

Open

Business Investor Stream [BIS] – Farm Investor Pathway

No

No

Open

As per the Manitoba Labour Market Occupational Forecasts 2018-2024, the economy in Manitoba is projected to “see a total of 168,700 job openings between 2018 and 2024”, with 66% of these openings to be for the replacement of worker retirements and deaths.

Approximately 24,100 job openings in a year are predicted.

With 19.7%, that is, 33,300 of the total Manitoba job openings, the occupation group with the most job openings is projected to be that of Sales and Service.

 26,400 or 15.7% job openings are projected to be in Finance, Administration, and Business occupations. Another 14% or 23,600 job openings are expected to be seen in Education, Law etc.

According to the Manitoba Labour Market Occupational Forecasts 2018-2024, for all the occupation groups, demand will be more through replacement needed for a retiring workforce rather than a demand due to expansion.

Manitoba has 168,700 forecasted job openings in the period 2018 to 2024. Of these, about 60% will be requiring some kind of post-secondary education and training. The other 40% might have on-the-job training or occupation-specific requirements instead.

If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate Overseas, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No. 1 Immigration & Visa Company.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

Share :
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Linkedin
Reddit

Submit a Comment

FEEDSPOT ACCREDITATION

Feedpost Accrediation

LET'S STAY IN TOUCH
Follow Us

We want to hear from you!