Why work in Canada as a Biotechnology Engineer?
- Canada has more than one million job opportunities for international workers
- Biotechnology Engineers can take up 8 different pathways to migrate to Canada
- Alberta provides the highest salary of CAD 110,764.8 to Biotechnology Engineers in Canada
- The average salary for a Biotechnology Engineer in Canada is CAD 97,382
- Quebec, New Brunswick and Saskatchewan provide the highest number of job openings for Biotechnology Engineers
*Check your eligibility to migrate to Canada through the Y-Axis Canada Immigration Points Calculator.
Canada is located in the Northern part of North America and is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, and the Arctic Ocean. Canada is a favorite destination for immigrants, who want to live, work, study, and settle in the country. Canada provides career opportunities in different sectors which include the following:
- Information technology
- Software and development
The 2023-2025 immigration levels plan in Canada reveals the number of immigrants to be invited in this period. The table below will show the details:
Canada targets 1.5 million migrants by 2025
Canada to invest $1.6 billion for the settlement of new immigrants in 2023-2025
Job trends in Canada, 2023
Companies in Canada are facing the challenge Skills shortage. So the country is in dire need of the international skilled workers to apply for jobs and migrate to Canada to work and settle here. The unemployment rate in Canada has reached its record level of 5.1 percent and wages are going up.
Employers in all sectors have plans to hire foreign workers and they asked the government to boost immigration. The designation for the Engineering jobs required in Canada is as follows:
- Safety engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Construction manager
- Junior engineer
- Engineering technician
- Mechanical engineer
Biotechnology Engineers TEER code
The TEER code for Biotechnology Engineer is 21320. Canadian immigration project will become successful if the correct TEER code is chosen correctly.
Job duties for Biotechnology Engineers are as follows:
- Conducting studies on various aspects like pulp, paper, petroleum, chemical, and many others.
- Conducting research in the biotechnological engineering processes, materials, and reactions.
- Designing and testing processes related to plants and equipment
- Supervision of technologists and other engineers
- Making arrangements for quality control programs and checking whether standards of raw materials are being maintained or not.
- Evaluating tenders and preparing contract documents
Prevailing wages of Biotechnology Engineers in Canada
The average salary for a Biotechnology Engineer is CAD 96,000. The table below will let you know about the salary of a Biotechnology Engineer in each province:
|Canada||83,078.4 per annum|
|Alberta||110,764.8 per annum|
|British Columbia||77,779.2 per annum|
|New Brunswick||79,257.6 per annum|
|Ontario||78,777.6 per annum|
|Quebec||75,955.2 per annum|
Eligibility criteria for Biotechnology Engineers
The eligibility criteria for a Biotechnology Engineer to work in Canada are as follows:
- A Bachelor’s degree in biotechnology engineering or in a related engineering discipline
- A Master’s degree or Doctorate in a related engineering discipline
- A license should be obtained for the approval of reports and engineering designs. This license is provided by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers. Candidates who have this license can also practice as a professional engineer in Canada.
Candidates may also have to go for a certification from a regulatory authority before starting their work. This degree can be taken in institutions located in different provinces and the table below shows the details:
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Alberta||Chemical Engineer||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta|
|British Columbia||Chemical Engineer||Regulated||Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia|
|Manitoba||Chemical Engineer||Regulated||Engineers Geoscientists of Manitoba|
|New Brunswick||Chemical Engineer||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||Chemical Engineer||Regulated||Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador|
|Northwest Territories||Chemical Engineer||Regulated||Northwest Territories and Nunavut Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists|
|Nova Scotia||Chemical Engineer||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers of Nova Scotia|
|Nunavut||Chemical Engineer||Regulated||Northwest Territories and Nunavut Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists|
|Ontario||Chemical Engineer||Regulated||Professional Engineers Ontario|
|Prince Edward Island||Chemical Engineer||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers of Prince Edward Island|
|Québec||Chemical Engineer||Regulated||Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec|
|Saskatchewan||Chemical Engineer||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan|
|Yukon||Chemical Engineer||Regulated||Engineers of Yukon|
Biotechnology Engineers – Number of vacancies in Canada
There are 27 job postings for a Biotechnology Engineer. The table below will reveal the information about job postings in various provinces:
*Note: The number of job vacancies may differ. This is given as per the information on October 2022.
Biotechnology Engineers Job Prospects
There are different job prospects available in the provinces of Canada for Biotechnology Engineers. Job prospects over the next three years can be found in the table below:
How can a Biotechnology Engineer migrate to Canada?
There are 8 pathways using which a Biotechnology Engineer can move to Canada. These pathways are as follows:
- Express Entry
- Alberta PNP
- British Columbia PNP
- New Brunswick PNP
- Nova Scotia PNP
- Ontario PNP
- Saskatchewan PNP
How can Y-Axis help Biotechnology Engineers to immigrate to Canada?
Biotechnology Engineers can avail the following Y-Axis services to migrate to Canada.
- Eligibility Check: Y-Axis provides Canada Immigration Points Calculator to check the eligibility to migrate to Canada.
- Counseling: Y-Axis provides free counseling to its clients
- Y-Path Guidance: Get step-by-step guidance for Y-Path
- Canada PR visa: Guidance to get Canada PR will be provided
- Job search services: Job search services will be provided to get jobs in Canada easily
Planning to migrate to Canada? Talk to Y-Axis, the world’s no. 1 overseas immigration consultant.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like …
Canada increases average hourly wages to 7.5% to meet the workforce demand
Canada Job trends – Biotechnology Engineers, 2023
Posted on January 2, 2023