Highlights: In 2022, 59,503 Indian PRs got transitioned to Canadian citizens
- Canada plans to welcome over 1.45 million new immigrants in the next three years.
- In 2022, 59,503 Indian PRs got transitioned to Canadian citizens.
- 374,554 PRs became Canadian citizens in 2022.
- India tops the list of countries with the most number of PRs transitioned to citizens.
*Want to work in Canada? Check your eligibility in the Canada Skilled Immigration Points Calculator
Canada will welcome over 1.45 million new immigrants in the next three years. This will happen across several immigration streams.
Top Source Countries in 2022
374,554 PRs became Canadian citizens in 2022. And India topped the list of birth countries of permanent residents who have been transitioned into citizens.
|Countries||Number of PRs transitioned to citizens|
|People’s Republic of China||10,722|
|United States of America||9,215|
India has been in the top spot
India has been the top source country of new Canadian citizens for the second year. In 2021, 20,866 Indian PRs became Canadian citizens.
Pathway from PR to Citizenship
After you get the PR of Canada, you can apply for Canadian citizenship after assessing your eligibility.
To get Canadian citizenship as a PR, one must:
- Be a Canadian PR holder
- File taxes
- Pass the citizenship test
- Possess Canadian language skills
- Meet the physical presence requirements of Canada
Are you looking to migrate to Canada? Talk to Y-Axis, the World’s no.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
OINP invited 615 candidates under Ontario’s French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream
Biggest Express Entry Draw ever issued 7,000 ITAs, to fill 1 million job vacancies in Canada
Also Read: Ontario invited 908 candidates under two streams
Web Story: 375,000 PRs transitioned to Canadian citizens, India stands #1