LIST OF TOP UNIVERSITIES IN London, UK FOR INDIAN & INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
The United Kingdom has been the second most attractive destination for international students globally, just behind the United States. While American universities are in demand for students intending to study technical, engineering and management courses, if you look up the list of the top 10 universities in London, UK, the highest ranking ones among those like Oxford and Cambridge are renowned for courses in arts and humanities. Therefore, the United Kingdom has its own unique selling proposition in the field of education.
If you want to know what the best universities in London, UK, for international students are and, most importantly, how one gets enrolled into them, Y-Axis offers counseling, assistance and information on other aspects like the expenses you have to bear, how you should apply to a university and how applications are sent to a university and more.
In fact, most Indian students used to study in London, UK, till the US opened up in the 1960s. But as was mentioned earlier, Britain still holds a charm for people from India. Factors such as top quality of teaching, high living standards, opportunity to interact with people from all over the world, top R&D facilities, etc. are some of the reasons that UK and London, in particular, offer for Indian students. In fact, many people of Indian origin have attained respectable positions in various fields in Britain. Besides, it is very well acknowledged that London is one top business hubs in the world, and studying there would fetch them lucrative jobs there.
List of Best Universities, Colleges in London, UK for International Students
University of Oxford
University of Cambridge
Imperial College London
University College London
London School of Economics and Political Science
University of Edinburgh
King’s College London
University of Manchester
University of Bristol
University of Glasgow
University of Warwick
University of Sheffield
Queen Mary University of London
University of Southampton
University of Exeter
University of York
University of Leeds
University of Birmingham
University of St Andrews
University of Nottingham
University of Sussex
University of Leicester
University of Liverpool
University of Aberdeen
University of Dundee
University of East Anglia
Royal Holloway, University of London
Queen’s University Belfast
University of Reading
St George’s, University of London
University of Bath
University of Essex
University of Surrey
Anglia Ruskin University
Birkbeck, University of London
Brighton and Sussex Medical School
Goldsmiths, University of London
University of Kent
University of Stirling
Brunel University London
City, University of London
Top Ten Universities in UK for International Students
1. University of Cambridge: The University of Cambridge continues to be the top ranked university in the UK. Founded in very early 13th century, it accommodates over 19,000 students. It is famed for studies in English language and literature, history and sciences.
2. University of Oxford: Established in late 11th century, it is the oldest university in the English-speaking countries. It hosts 22,000 students, with two out of every five being foreigners.
3. University College London (UCL): It is one of London’s top ranked universities. Nearly 40 percent of students of this public-research university are foreigners. It is known for engendering interdisciplinary studies.
4. Imperial College London: Renowned for studies in science, engineering and business studies. Located in Central London, it is close to the Royal Albert Hall, Victoria and Albert museums, besides Hyde Park.
5. King’s College London: It accommodates around 28,000 students, 37.5 percent of whom are students from overseas. It is reputed in the disciplines of humanities, medicine and social sciences.
6. University of Edinburgh: Set up in 1582, this university hosts around 35,000 students each year. It is popular for encouraging cross-disciplinary studies.
7. University of Manchester: This University is well known for humanities, sciences and business studies. One out of every four students of this university hail from foreign countries.
8. London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE): Founded in 1895, the public-research university accommodates 10,500 students. A public university, it ranks very high for arts and humanities.
9. University of Bristol: founded in 1595 as Merchant Venturers’ Technical College, it plays host to 22,000 students each year. It is famous for medicine, engineering and sciences.
10. University of Warwick: Based in Coventry, England, it admits 26,000 students each year. Reported to be a highly multicultural institution, it is popular for sciences, medicine and social sciences.
How it Works
Students or their guardians may contact Y-Axis
Register on signup.y-axis.com/student
A preliminary counsellor is assigned by our system
Get Free counselling
Get your questions answered
Provide information so that we can assist you better
Sign up for advanced counselling session
Get your counselling report with course recommendations
Benefit from application documentation and student visa services handled by our specialists(included)
Make the right decision with Y-Axis
- Focused service to find the best country and place for you to study
- Evaluate migration and job potential
- Tried and tested process
- Based on Y-Path, a patented career counselling process
- Structured, step-by-step approach
- Get the right advice to maximize your career opportunities
- Combine with other services such as course recommendation (1, up to 3, up to 10)
- Initial counselling is free
Why choose us?
- Course with migration focus
- Post study services
- Since 1999
- Global Presence
- Experienced counsellors
- 1000s of successes