The province of British Columbia in Canada has held another round of provincial invitations. Those invited can now proceed to applying for a nomination by BC for Canadian permanent residence.
On November 2, 2021, the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program [BC PNP] issued a total of 77 invitations to apply to tech candidates. As this was a Tech Draw by the BC PNP, the invitations issued went out to candidates in any of the 29 key occupations.
|An Overview of November 2 BC PNP Tech draw |
Total invitations issued: 77
|Express Entry BC – EEBC|
Skills Immigration – SI
|Immigration Streams||Minimum SIRS Score|
|EEBC – Skilled Worker||75|
|EEBC – International Graduate||75|
|SI – Skilled Worker||75|
|SI – International Graduate||75|
British Columbia is a part of the Provincial Nominee Program of Canada.
Under Canadian PNP, the provincial and territorial [PT] governments in Canada get to nominate individuals for Canada PR.
To be considered by the PT governments under the PNP, the individual must have expressed an interest with the respective PNP of that province/territory.
|Provinces/Territories in Canada and their PNPs|
|– Alberta : Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program [AINP]|
– British Columbia : British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program [BC PNP]
– Manitoba : Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program [MPNP]
– Ontario : Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program [OINP]
– Nova Scotia : Nova Scotia Nominee Program [NSNP]
– New Brunswick : New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program [NBPNP]
– Newfoundland and Labrador : Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program [NLPNP]
– Prince Edward Island : Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program [PEI PNP]
– Northwest Territories : Northwest Territories Provincial Nominee Program
– Saskatchewan : Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program [SINP]
– Yukon : Yukon Nominee Program [YNP]
Earlier known as BC PNP Tech Pilot, the same has been extended indefinitely and renamed accordingly.
BC PNP Tech is not a separate pathway or stream as such. Nominations issued through the Tech Draws of the BC PNP are for the existing categories of Skills Immigration [SI] and Express Entry BC [EEBC].
Both the SI and EEBC categories of British Columbia are targeted at skilled foreign workers that intend to take up Canada PR. However, while the EEBC category is linked with the federal Express Entry system, the SI category runs independently.
A PNP nomination is worth 600 CRS points for an Express Entry candidate.
CRS stands for the Comprehensive Ranking System. The higher the CRS score of an individual, the higher the chances of their being invited to apply for Canada PR by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada [IRCC].
For the Tech Draw, it is the highest-ranked in SI and EEBC categories that are issued invitations to apply, provided they have a job offer in BC under any of the 29 tech occupations.
|BC PNP Tech job offers should be –|
· Under one of the 29 eligible occupations,
· For a minimum of 1 year, and
· With at least 120 days remaining at the time of submitting your BC PNP application.
Priority processing is offered by the BC PNP for Canadian immigration hopefuls invited through the BC PNP Tech Draws. Generally, the processing times for 80% BC PNP applications are within 2 to 3 months from the receipt of the application submitted. BC PNP Tech applications are processed in a comparatively shorter timeframe.
With the latest round of invitations, the BC PNP has issued a total of 10,088 invitations to apply so far in 2021.
British Columbia is projected to have 861,000 job openings between 2019 and 2029.
If you are looking to Work, Study, Invest, Visit, or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No. 1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like …