If you are applying for an H1B visa to the USA, you must know everything about it. The H1B visa permits you to work in the country and is petition based. There are few requirements you need to check for before applying for this visa. Your profile must match each and every requirement before understanding your eligibility for this visa.
Are you eligible?
The list of requirements begins with having an employer-employee relationship with the petitioning US employer. Next you need to make sure that your profile is a specialty occupation, for which you need to match the specified criteria. The criteria include the need for your specialty occupation to be related to your field of study.
In the occupation you choose, you should be paid actual or prevailing wage, depending on which is higher among the two. Unless your petition is exempted from numerical limits, your H1B visa number must be available when you are filing the petition. Your eligibility for the H1B visa depends on holding a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree along with few years of work experience in the related field.
You must qualify to acquire the H1B visa!
The general qualification rule is that, every one year study at a university or college will give you 3 points. Apart from this, with every one year of work experience, you can earn one point. In all you will need a total of 12 points to acquire eligibility for the H1B visa program.
To know more about this, get in touch with our qualified, experienced and dedicated staff at Y-Axis.
The US Consulate General of Hyderabad will be closed on the following dates:
- 11 November 2015: Veterans day
- 26 November 2015: Thanksgiving day
- Thanks To Y-axis For Providing A Smooth And Efficient NetworkReview By : Ajay Arora Thanks to Srilatha.N Australia Process Consultant for her kind response and efforts to help their clients. Although she takes time to respond but once replied spoken or written her reply was never changed. I appreciate… Continue Reading → The post Thanks To Y-axis For Providing A Smooth And Efficient Network appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Y- Axis Was Very Supportive To Complete The Documentation InRelation To Skill Assessment ProcessReview By : venkataraman A S Y- Axis having a wonderful team and their system of work in completing the required process in a real time basis are highly appreciable. Ms. Srilatha. N, process consultant from Y- Axis who was… Continue Reading → The post Y- Axis Was Very Supportive To Complete The Documentation InRelation To Skill Assessment Process appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- The Experience Support Yaxis Is Good As Of NowReview By : Leo Edment The experience with Y axis is good as of now. Guidance given by different consultants like Ms.Rathi, Ms.Sharmila, Mr.Pradeep and Ms. Tejaswini is excellent and helpful. Thank you for being supportive and guiding us through… Continue Reading → The post The Experience Support Yaxis Is Good As Of Now appeared first on Y-Axis Customer Reviews. […]
- Can live and work in the US
- Can extend the stay in the US
- Ability to change employers during H-1B status
- Spouses & children are welcome
In order to qualify for H1B work visa category, the applicant needs to have one of the following:
A Bachelor's degree or Masters Degree (or the foreign equivalent degree from your Country)
12 years work experience
A mix of further education + work experience
The general H1B visa qualification rule is:
- For every 1 year of studies at University / College = 3 points
- For every 1 year of work experience = 1 point
12 points in 'total' are required to qualify for the H1B visa program.
Application Cost:- US$ 190.00
In most cases, each visa applicant, including children, is required to pay a non-refundable, non-transferable Machine Readable Visa (MRV) application fee, whether a visa is issued or not. Remember, the MRV fee is non-refundable. Please confirm whether or not you need to apply for a visa.
National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)
Payment by Mobile Phone
Payment at AXIS bank /Citibank
Payment at DRUK Bank: Fee payable is in Bhutan Ngultrums (BTN)
You can schedule your interview within three hours of paying your visa application fee at a AXIS/Citibank branch.
The table below shows the fee payment processing time and when you can schedule your interview after paying your application fee.
Time of Payment
Any time during the business day
within 3 to 24 hours
Any time during the business day
Following business day
Visa Application Fee Payment Processing Timelines - Cash at Bank
Family members are only spouse and children less than 21 years.
You must show that your dependents can be supported while they’re in the US.
Each dependent must pay a visa fee of $190.00
The dependents need to provide their relationship proof along with the sponsor’s income proof.
Once the visa is approved the passport can be collected from the OFC centre within 3-5 working days. The application can be approved immediately or can also be kept under the administration review for further verifications. This is applicable for H1 or even H4 visa categories.
Upon paying the visa fee, the appointment needs to be booked online. 2 appointments need to be booked. 1st would be to give the biometrics at any one of the OFC centers and 2ndappointment to attend the interview at the Consulate.
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Documents Checklist.
- Complete Application Processing.
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing.
- Updates & Follow up to the Consulate.
- Airport Pickup.*
- Accommodation Assistance.*
- Relocation Orientation.
- Job Search Assistance.*
*These services are provided at an additional cost.
10 Good Reasons Why Choose Y-Axis
- We are the established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have franchisees. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
- We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
- You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of cases similar to yours.
- We have a pulse on global trends in careers and immigration and always have updated information which we share with you through our weekly newsletters and email alerts.
- We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in the company when you would be making an investment of a large sum and the outcome is critical to your life and career.
- We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. All our offices are designed keeping this principle in mind–the reason why you will notice a lot of see through glass.
- We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and reasonable.
- We help you search for a job and settle down. Our Job Search Services Department is one of the strengths of our company.
- We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced. You will notice this yourself.
- We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success fee basis. If we don’t deliver, we refund.
For more details please Contact Us.
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest updated rules and regulations.
- Our experience at having filed thousands of applications over the last 16 years has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
- Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. Y-AXIS also employs and works with regulated & accredited immigration lawyers in our own offices in London & Canada and partner offices in Australia and New Zealand. We have the highest success rate in India & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
- They are five countries that currently have a point based immigration programme. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
- There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative sponsor you / an overseas Employer sponsor you Or the country itself sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.