Australia has something in store for everyone. The Subclass 476 Visa is for engineering graduates from recognized overseas universities. It is a temporary visa for 18-months that gives unlimited work and study rights to the professionals.
Exercising this option does not require a point-based test. Instead, anybody who is a graduate from a recognized university can file an application. However, eligibility check is the first step before your proceed.
On obtaining the visa and admission in Australia, you can apply for permanent General Skilled Migration or an employer sponsored visa anytime during your stay of 18 months. Thus, get a change of status done. But before that, it’s ideal to work with Australian employers, pursue further education, and take cultural orientation programs if necessary.
It would add more weight to your profile and let you know the country and its culture better. Your stay will become more delightful and the future more sound.
The Subclass 476 is an Australian Skilled Graduate Visa to be precise. Any professional can apply in accordance with the said procedures and requirements and move to Australia for the experience of a lifetime.
This is a temporary visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to:
- The applicant will be granted a temporary visa for a period of 18 months.
- The applicant can apply for a permanent visa at any point of time, provided you with the points test of General skilled migration.
- The applicant will be granted an open study, work permit and will have unrestricted work rights.
- Dependents of the applicant are allowed to live, work and study in Australia for the same duration as the applicant.
You might be able to get a Skilled — Recognized Graduate visa (subclass 476) if:
- you are younger than 31 years of age
- you have completed an eligible engineering qualification from a Recognized institute and programs in the past two years.
- you have not held a Skilled — Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476) or a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) before (unless you were a dependent family member).
- you can demonstrate your English language ability.
- you meet health and character requirements.
Your engineering qualifications
In the two years before you apply, you must have completed one of the following qualifications in engineering:
- Bachelors degree
- Masters degree
- Doctoral degree
- Postgraduate diploma.
Your qualification must contain a major sequence of study or specialization in engineering, such as:
- Civil engineering
- Structural engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Mechanical, production and plant engineering
- Mining and material engineering.
Age:- The age of the applicant should be below 31 years.
English language:- The applicant should prove that he/she meets the English language threshold either by submitting the test results before the application is lodged a score of at least 6 in each of the four components of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or another language test and score specified by the Minister for Immigration and Border Protection or prove that the applicant is a citizen or a passport holder of any of these countries: United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America, Republic of Ireland.
Qualification:- The applicant must have pursued his/her graduation or higher degree in engineering within the past 2 years from a university overseas that are listed in the recognized institutes as decided by DIBP for this visa.
Health requirements:- You must meet certain health requirements. The health examinations you need, will depend on your personal circumstances, including your country of citizenship, time spent in another country during the last five years and your intended activities in Australia. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months.
This applies to you and any dependent family members included in your application.
Character requirement:- You must meet certain character requirements. You must provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more including short visits, during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age.
This applies to you and all the dependent family members listed in your application, whether they are migrating or not.
Debts to the Australian Government:- You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted.
Family Members:- You can include the following people in your visa application:
- Your partner (married or de facto)
- Yours or your partner’s dependent children
These family members must meet the requirements for including family members in your application. The application must include documentary evidence of their relationship to you. Your family members must be able to show that they meet health and character requirements.
- DIBP Application Fees – AUD$365
- No Internet Application Charge – AUD$80
- Medicals/Registration– case specific.
- Dependent below 18 yrs: AUD$90
- Dependent above 18 yrs: AUD$ 185
- Dependent English Requirement Fee: AUD$4885 (This fee is applicable only if the spouse or the dependent is unable to score 4.5 overall in IELTS and has not completed his/her graduation in English Medium)
Full Service & Processing
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Document checklist
- Complete Migration Processing & Application Processing
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Guidance on acquiring the specific Police Clearance Certificate
- Assistance with Medicals
- Updates & Follow up with the Consulate
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation*
- Job Search Assistance*
*These services are provided at an additional cost.
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest rules and regulations.
- Our experience at having filed thousands of applications has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
- Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. We have the highest success rate & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
- There are five countries that currently have a point based immigration program. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
- There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative can sponsor you / an overseas Employer can sponsor you Or the country itself can sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
Why should you file your migration petition this month?
Why should you not delay?
Rules may change. Everything has a quota!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don’t take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
You save time
If you postpone your decision, you end up in the same career junction even next year. Take a decision and advance your career right now.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit and it gets stricter as you grow older. You may not be eligible even a year later. And then as you get older, you ability to adjust to new surroundings also decreases.
Apply now – you may also earn extra points for age!
Your kids adjust faster when they are younger
Your kids adjust better and learn faster when younger. Remember, this opportunity is for them too.
Better in every way
If you are not married, it will improve your profile and get you a better partner.
It is never a bad thing to hold a PR visa that allows you to work & live overseas.
It is never a bad thing to hold an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport.
No kids? Even better
If you are married and do not have children yet, your kids born inside the country will become Naturalized Citizens automatically.
You may change your mind
You or your spouse may change your mind later and may miss on something good in your life and for your children.
Treat your migration petition as an investment for the future – yours and your children. Apply for it now, watch it mature later. Avail of the benefits all your life.
So, why should you sign up now, because you need to strike when the iron is hot!
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.