Singapore hikes salaries for S Pass alters immigrants’ Job policies
Posted on March 10, 2018
Manpower Ministry of Singapore has altered job policies for overseas immigrant workers that include a hike in S Pass salary requirement. Beginning from 1 July 2018, in case of EP applications if the below conditions are met jobs must be advertised:
- The company has ten or more employees. As of now, this is 25 employees.
- The job position offers fixed monthly pay lesser than 15, 000. As of now, the pay is 12, 000 SGD.
Thus companies that possess 25 to 10 workers and the job positions with a salary range between 15,000 to 12,000 SGD will now not be exempt from the requirement of advertising, as quoted by the New Indian Express.
The minimum salary that would qualify immigrant workers for a Singapore S Pass will be hiked to 2400 SGD from 2200 SGD in 2 steps:
- From 1 January 2018 – to 2300 SGD from 2200 SGD
- From 1 January 2020 – to 2400 SGD from 2300 SGD
Overseas immigrant workers who possess high experience levels will continue to be having higher salaries for being able to apply. As per the first step of hike in salary, the immigrant workers who possess S Pass and are scheduled to expire:
- Prior to January 1, 2019, will be permitted to renew as per the existing criterions for S Pass
- Between 1 January and 30 June, 2019 will be permitted to renew depending on current criterions for 1 year
- From 1 July 2019, they will have to obtain renewals as per the existing criterions for renewal
In the second step of the hike, the S Pass holders whose permits expire prior to 1 January 2020 will be permitted to renew as per the criterions of 1 January 2019.
If you are looking to Study, Visit, Invest, Migrate, or Work in Singapore, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.