As per a Program Update, “NSW nomination for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) is now by invitation only. You must first register your interest in NSW nomination to be considered.”
A state in southeastern Australia, New South Wales, commonly referred to as NSW, is considered to be Australia’s oldest, largest and most cosmopolitan state.
An economic powerhouse, New South Wales boasts of an economy larger than that of Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong.
Often dubbed to be Australia’s “first state”, the global status of NSW is underpinned by its international transport links.
Sydney is the capital city of NSW.
NSW provides visa nomination to highly skilled professionals – in various occupations – for helping drive the economic growth in the Australian state.
Australia has allotted 79,600 spaces for the Skill stream in 2021-2022.
|NSW can nominate a skilled worker under the following skilled visas|
|Visa category||For||NSW nominations from July 2020 to the end of June 2021||Numerical allocation for 2021|
|Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)||Skilled workers nominated by a state/territory in Australia might apply for a permanent visa.||568||4,000|
|Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491)||Skilled workers are nominated that intend to live and work in regional NSW for a temporary visa.||362||3,640|
NSW Nomination process
To be able to apply for an NSW nomination, an individual must –
Invitations are issued through the SkillSelect draws held from time to time.
Do keep in mind that registering an interest in NSW nomination is not an application.
An interest will have to be registered to be considered for an NSW nomination. The information provided by the individual will be used by the NSW for deciding if they are to be invited to apply.
|How to register an interest in NSW nomination?||By completing an online form during a submission window.|
|What are the NSW submission windows for the Financial Year 2021-2022?||For 2021-2022 financial year, the submission windows are the months of –
Invitations to apply will be issued up to 7 days of a submission window closing.
The financial year runs from July to June.
3 NSW Nomination Streams available for Financial Year 2021-2022
An individual must meet all criteria in any 1 of the 3 streams to be eligible for being invited for applying for NSW nomination.
Preference is given to migrants registering their interest under Stream 1.
|STREAM 1||Living and working in NSW||
· Hold a skills assessment for any of the occupations on Stream 1 Combined Occupation List.
· Been living in a designated NSW regional area for a minimum of 1 year before applying.
· Been working in the nominated occupation – or a closely associated occupation – in a designated NSW regional area for at least 1 year before applying.
|STREAM 2||Recently completed study in Regional NSW||
· Hold a skills assessment for an occupation on your nominated region’s occupation list.
· Have completed study or education with an education provider, within the previous 2 years, that is in a designated NSW regional area.
· Have lived in a designated NSW regional area during the completion of their study.
[Applicants residing in any Australian state with occupation in the NSW regional list eligible]
|Skilled in an occupation required in Regional NSW||
· Hold a valid skills assessment for an occupation on your nominated region’s occupation list.
· Be currently residing in an Australian state/territory.
NSW nomination for subclass 491 is among the different Australia skilled work visa options available for skilled workers.
A range of alternative Australia migration options are available as well, including both permanent as well as temporary employer-nominated visas for Australia.
If you are looking to Migrate, Study, Invest, Visit, or Work Overseas, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No. 1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like …