Job outlook in Australia for 2020
Posted on July 27, 2020
If you’re looking for a career in Australia, you will be keen to know about the job outlook, the sectors where there are job opportunities and the high-demand professions and the highest-paid workers in those sectors. This will help you to build a stronger job search strategy and to be effective in finding a job.
The job outlook for 2020
The job outlook for 2020 indicates a rise in job opportunities in the following sectors- banking and financial services, healthcare, construction, engineering, human resources, etc. These industries also recorded the fastest year-on-year growth in salaries at the end of last year.
The top jobs in these sectors include:
- Healthcare- Registered Nurses, medical imaging
- Insurance and superannuation- Risk consulting, assessment, actuarial
- Information and communication technology- Computer operators, hardware engineering
- Construction jobs-Estimators
- Engineering-Material handling
- Banking and financial services- Corporate and institutional banking, compliance and risk
- Human resources and recruitment- Remuneration and benefits,
The job outlook for some of the major sectors in Australia according to the Department of Jobs and Small Business for the period May 2018 to May 2023 is as under:
- The Health Care industry is projected to make the largest contribution to employment growth (up by 250,300 or 14.9 percent), as the industry adjusts to full implementation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), an aging population and increasing demand for childcare and home-based care services.
- Jobs in the construction industry is expected to increase by 118,800 (or 10.0%), indicating heavy investment in infrastructure and non-residential building development, as well as continuing high rates of residential construction.
- Employment in the Education and Training industry is projected to go up by 11.2 percent.
- Continuing high demand for business services, including those supporting the construction industry, supports the high expected growth in jobs in the skilled, scientific and technical services sector for up to 10 percent.
Here are the salary details of the top occupations for 2020 in Australia
|IT Systems Architect||AUD139,690|
|Engineering Manager||AUD 132,350|
|IT Manager||AUD 125,660|
|IT Security Architect||AUD 124,190|
|Analytics Manager||AUD 118,820|
|Cloud Engineer||AUD 111,590|
|Construction Manager||AUD 111,390|
|Wellbeing Manager||AUD 110,520|
|Data Scientist||AUD 99,510|
Very strong job growth is expected to continue in the service industries for professionals (up 325,800 or 10.9 percent) and community and personal service Employees (230,300 or 17.5 percent) who are the leading employers of these occupational classes.
Together, these two working classes are expected to account for 62.8% of overall job growth in the next five years.
There are many employment opportunities for people with the right skills. You must know which sector to apply for and if you have the right skillsets and work experience, then nothing can stop you from landing your dream job. Knowledge of the job outlook for the next few years is important.