Site icon Y-Axis Overseas Jobs

What do you need to know about the SMC Resident Visa?

New Zealand SMC Resident Visa

SMC Resident Visa or Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa of New Zealand is for skilled overseas immigrants. They must possess the skills that contribute to the economic growth of New Zealand.

Interested immigrant applicants must file an EOI – Expression of Interest with Immigration New Zealand. It must offer details such as your qualifications, work experience, and employment in New Zealand. Applicants who are successful in their EOI will receive an invitation to apply by INZ. They will be given the opportunity to reside and work indefinitely in New Zealand.

Immigrants who receive the SMC Resident Visa can also include their family members in their application. This includes their partner and dependent children below 24 years of age, as quoted by the Immigration Govt NZ.

INZ uses a system based on points for assessing the EOIs. As of now, only EOIs with a score of 160 points or more are being selected. SMC Resident Visa is not designed for individuals who are self-employed.

Applicants who obtain points for a job offer of skilled employment in Auckland must:

You must offer proof that you remained in the skilled employment for minimum 3 months. This is within your first five years of stay as a resident in New Zealand. INZ will get in touch with you for verifying the evidence. You must intimate the change of address during this period if any to the agency.

Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to aspiring overseas students/immigrants including New Zealand Student VisaResident Permit VisaNew Zealand immigration, New Zealand Visa, and Dependent Visas.

If you are looking to Study, Visit, Work, Invest or Migrate to New Zealand, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Consultants.

If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…

What Overseas Immigrants must know about Australian Visas

Exit mobile version