Dependent Visas

If you hold a valid visa, your spouse/fiance or children may be eligible for a dependent visa and they can join you for as long as your visa is valid.

There are two types of dependent visas:–(Temporary & Permanent)

  1. Temporary Visas for holders of the following visas 
    • Work, intra-company transfer, Student, Fiancé
  2. Permanent Visas are for spouses or children below the age of 18-21 years old
    • Immigration dependents

Spouse/partners on temporary dependent visas are allowed limited work rights based on their visa validity in most countries, except the US.

Dependents granted permanent residence visas have the right to live, study and work for as long as they remain permanent residents.

Dependents must meet the following requirements in order to qualify for a visa:

  • The dependent must demonstrate the relationship on which the application is based and provide documentary evidence of this relationship.
  • The dependent must provide evidence either that the main applicant has enough funds/income to support the dependent or that the dependent has sufficient funds to support themselves, without access to public funds.


Australia: Partner/Fiancé visa:

Does not have any specific income criteria required for the sponsor to be eligible to sponsor the dependent. However relationship proof is important. Only on the basis of marriage certificate, partner visa is not approved.

Use Y-Axis Visa services to apply for your dependent’s visas. When you choose us, you increase the probability of getting your dependent’s visa & making the process as smooth as possible.

Dependent Visas:

For further details, please Speak to an expert or you can e-mail us on One of our representatives will get back to you at the earliest.