Make your move to Australia as a Community Worker now
Posted on April 7, 2020
In the present scenario of the Coronavirus crisis, Australia needs community workers from other countries. A community worker helps to execute community development initiatives and deals with the issues, needs and problems associated with health and other community welfare issues.
There is a need for community workers in Australia. They are required in these states of Australia- New South Wales, ACT, South Australia, Victoria, Queensland, Northern Territory etc.
The required qualifications for this occupation are:
Australia and they are open for 190(PR) and 491(regional sponsored) visas allowing you to work and stay in Australia for a minimum of 5 years.
- Relevant diploma level or AQF 5 level qualification
- Required scores in English proficiency- an IELTS score of 7 in each band or equivalent on other tests like PTE or TOEFL or CAE
- Minimum of one-year work experience as a community worker in the past five years
- Current experience in community work between 6 months to 1 year
- Skill assessment from relevant Australian Skill Assessment body
If you have these qualifications and are inside or outside Australia, this is the right time to apply to gain an opportunity to work in Australia.
The applications for this post are open from the first of April and the submission of documents can be made online.
Those who apply for this position can come to Australia on any of the following visas:
- Subclass 189 which is a Skilled independent visa
- Subclass 190 which is a permanent resident visa
- Subclass 491(regional sponsored) visa under which they can work and stay in the country for a minimum of five years
Skill assessment body for community worker is the Australian Community Worker’s Association or ACWA. It offers two assessment pathways for community workers:
Category A (ACWA accredited qualification):
This is for applicants who have completed an ACWA accredited diploma or higher.
Category B (Relevant diploma qualification and industry experience):
This is for applicants with a relevant diploma or higher degree in community services, human welfare etc. and with a minimum of one-year work experience.
At present ACWA is willing to do the skill assessment of applicants for community worker position in Australia under the occupation – COMMUNITY WORKER ANZSCO 411711 from April 2020.
The assessments are being done online by ACWA and all enquiries should be sent to them via e-mail.
State nomination availability for community workers:
Given below is the latest information on the State Nomination availability for community workers.
If you have the required qualifications and experience to work as a community worker in Australia, this would be the right time to apply.