How to get a Canada Work Visa under IEC?
Posted on May 21, 2019
Overseas nationals aged 18 to 30/35 years can obtain the Canada Work Visa under the Young Professionals stream of International Experience Canada program. The eligibility requirements are:
- Have a signed letter as a proof of employment contract or job offer for a role that “enhances your professional development” as per IRCC
- The job offer must relate to the field of expertise of the applicant
- Be a national of one of the nations that participate in the IEC as well as have a profile on the Young Professionals pool
- Have a Passport that is valid for the duration of stay in Canada
- Be aged between 18 and 30/35 at the time of filing the application and the upper age limit is based on the nation of citizenship of the applicant
- Possess minimum CAD 2,500 on arrival to Canada for covering initial expenditures
- Be in a position to take health insurance for the entire duration of the permit under IEC
- Be acceptable in Canada
- Possess a round-trip ticket before departure or monetary resources for purchasing a return ticket at the end of the approved stay in Canada
- Must not arriving with dependents
- Pay the required fees
- Citizens of specific nations must also be resident in the nation of citizenship at the time of submitting an application for Canada Work Visa under IEC
Candidates who are interested must first complete the questionnaire on the website of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. It is known as the ‘Come to Canada’, as quoted by the CIC News. This will offer a preliminary indication of being qualified for a Work Visa under IEC Young Professionals.
Applicants can then create a profile and select to be included in the pool of IEC Young Professionals for their nation. Candidates will be selected from the pool randomly by the IRCC. It will then offer them an ITA or ‘invitation to apply’ for a Canada Work Visa.
After this stage, all the supporting documents must be uploaded by the applicants. They must pay the IEC participation fee which is CAD 150 for 2019. Employer Compliance fee of CAD 230 must also be paid by the employers through their Employer Portal online.
The IRCC staff will take around 8 weeks for assessing your application after submission. It can seek extra documents in this period.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of Visa and Immigration products as well as services for aspiring overseas students including Study Visa for Canada, Work Visa for Canada, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry Full Service, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry PR Application, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Provinces, and Education Credential Assessment. We work with Regulated Immigration Consultants in Canada.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…