The US is the nation with the highest immigrants or overseas born-nationals with 48 million. This is 5 times the numbers of immigrants in Saudi Arabia – 11 million. It is also 6 times the numbers of immigrants in Canada with 7.6 million.
On the other hand, Saudi Arabia and Canada surpass the US when it comes to the immigrants’ proportion to their total population size. It is 34% and 21% respectively in comparison with the US with 15%.
The statistics are as per Giles Pison who is the Associate Researcher at INED. He is also the Professor at the National Museum of Natural History. Pison has released a new study on the patterns of immigration globally.
South Africa is placed 15th in the list of nations with the highest immigrants. It has 3.8 million immigrants who make up 6.9% of the population, as quoted by the Business Tech Co ZA.
Giles Pison said that the nations with the highest immigrants can be divided into 5 clusters:
1. The first cluster consists of nations that have a sparse population with plentiful oil resources. Here, the migrants outnumber the native-born population. The example is the UAE.
2. The second cluster consists of microstates, very tiny territories with often special taxation rules. The example is Monaco.
3. The third cluster consists of nations that were known as the new nation. These have vast territories but still, have a sparse population. The examples are Canada and Australia.
4. The fourth cluster is identical to the third in terms of development mode. These are Western industrial democratic nations. The proportion of immigrants usually ranges from 17% to 9%. The examples are Sweden and Australia.
5. The fifth cluster consists of the so-called nations of the first asylum. These get a huge inflow of migrants due to conflicts in neighbouring nations. The example is Lebanon.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to overseas immigrants including Business Visa for Canada, Work Visa for Canada, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry Full Service, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry PR Application, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Provinces, and Education Credential Assessment. We work with Regulated Immigration Consultants in Canada.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…