India is considered one of the second largest market sources in the Australian summer for international tourists. During this May, there were 31,600 Indian visitors, whereas 46,700 New Zealand visitors visited Australia and stand first largest source of market.
India has been the fastest growing market during pre- COVID times by giving double-digit growth to Australia tourism for six consecutive years.
The current visa application in India is doubled than pre pandemic times. India was the seventh largest market source, sending 4 lakh visitors and keeping top China, New Zealand, and the United States. In 2019, which pre- COVID times, Australia invited 92 lakhs of international tourists.
China and many Southeast Asian nations have opened their borders to visit. India is number three for sending visitors to Australia from June 2021 to May 2022. By May, India had become the number two inbound market for Australia.
India has 10% of the India-Australia travel market, and the remaining 90% was with Southeast Asian countries.
Australia has started new flights between Sydney to Bengaluru and Delhi-Melbourne from this September. Soon a direct flight Delhi-Sydney is going to get started. Recently, Southeast Asian countries also resumed their connections with Australia.
Australia expects a huge increase in visitors from various parts of the world considering the T20 World cup.
*Do you want to visit Australia? Speak to Y-Axis, the world’s no.1 immigration consultant.
Found this article interesting? Read more…