Immigration figures to Quebec can reach 52,500 by 2022 as per the latest proposals unveiled by the Government of Quebec on 7th June. It implies a hike of 10,500 new immigrants in comparison with 2019 with 42,000. It marks a return to almost the immigration levels in place earlier. This is prior to the CAQ – Coalition Avenir Québec government being elected in October 2018.
The proposals unveiled on last Friday will be the basis of immigration public hearings that commence from 12th August. The CAQ had previously launched provisional decrease to its migration levels by the end of 2018. This was as a part of its promise made during the elections. It was to address concerns that the immigrants are not assimilating into the province with French-speaking majority.
MIDI said that the foundations for these reforms are now in place. However, the exact programs and policies for enacting them and achieving results are not, it added.
We thus envision a steady hike of 3,000 to 4,000 new immigrants annually during 2020 and 2022, said MIDI. This is to permit both the civil society and the state to provide all migrants to the province. It is with the required tools for successfully assimilating into the Quebec society, added MIDI.
The Government of Quebec aims to achieve an immigration level of 49, 500 to 52,500 by 2022. Out of this, 65% will be chosen through economic-class immigration programs of Quebec. This is in comparison with 595 in 2019, as quoted by the CIC News.
The new document also outlines several other proposals such as:
• Favouring overseas workers and citizens who have a degree in Quebec, fulfil the labour market needs of the province and are already residing here as Provisional Residents
• Preference for skilled applicants with a validated job offer or in-demand training who fulfil Quebec’s short-term labour market needs
• Speed up the arrival of immigrants in economic-class for responding to labour market needs of Quebec faster
• Supporting efforts of all Quebec region employers for hiring temporary overseas workers by cutting delays prior to their arrival and facilitating processes to cater to the needs of the workforce
• To promote choosing immigrants with knowledge of values enshrined in the Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms and democratic values of Quebec
• Increasing the number of French-speaking adult immigrants by expanding access to French language training administered by Government
Y-Axis offers a wide range of Visa and Immigration products as well as services for aspiring overseas students including Study Visa for Canada, Work Visa for Canada, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry Full Service, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Express Entry PR Application, Canada Migrant Ready Professional Services for Provinces, and Education Credential Assessment. We work with Regulated Immigration Consultants in Canada.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…