Highlights: BTech at Sorbonne University
- Sorbonne University is one of the leading engineering schools of France.
- It offers natural, technological, formal, and experimental science and engineering studies.
- It has an R&D oriented study approach.
- The programs are multidisciplinary.
- The faculty has 6 departments.
If an engineering aspirant wishes to study abroad, they should consider opting for BTech in Sorbonne University. The Faculty of Science and Engineering at Sorbonne University brings together an extensive and comprehensive range of formal, experimental, natural, and technological studies. Its foundation is supported by strong scientific topics.
*Want to study in France? Y-Axis, the No. 1 Study Abroad Consultant, is here to offer you guidance
BTech in Sorbonne University
The list of BTech programs offered at Sorbonne University is given below:
- Electronics – Computing Embedded systems course
- Electronics – Computing Industrial Computing Course
- Mechanical Engineering
- Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
- Earth sciences: planning, risks, geo-energies
*Confused to choose which course to pursue? Avail Y-Axis course recommendation services to choose the best.
The requirements for BTech at Sorbonne University are given below:
|Eligibility Requirements for BTech in Sorbonne University|
Minimum Score Required
No specific cut off mentioned
No specific cut off mentioned
*Get expert coaching services from Y-Axis professionals to ace your scores
What is PeiP?
The PeiP is a two-year study program aimed at preparing candidates for the Polytech engineering course. It provides them a fundamental multidisciplinary scientific education with an engineering-oriented profession.
PeiP students have direct access to engineering studies in any of the specialties of the Polytech programs. Polytech engineering at Sorbonne has a duration of three years. Integration into the engineering program is conducted according to the national procedure uniform in all schools of Polytech engineering schools.
The PeiP candidate can opt for the engineering stream of their choice. It takes into account the candidate’s result in the first three semesters of the PeiP.
BTech Programs at Sorbonne University
Detailed information about the BTech programs offered at Sorbonne University is given below:
The Agrifood engineering program offers robust skills in the fields of food science, industrial management, and biotechnology. The project has an approach of a teaching tool. It allows candidates to adapt to a broad range of fields and operations.
The students are trained to meet the issues of the agrifood sector, such as:
- Verify food safety while the environment is not affected
- Ensure the nutritional and hygienic quality of food
- Diminish risks to health and environment
- Develop healthy food while ensuring sustainable development and taking care of the constraints of resources
Electronics – Computing Embedded systems course
The embedded systems have built up a new industrial age. It uses the scaling down in size of electronic chips to make devices used in daily life more efficient. It aids the Internet of Things network.
In the engineering program of Electronics – Computing Embedded systems the candidates learn to:
- Manage the limited memory space and create light operating systems
- Optimize the programs and make them efficient for the processor
- Low energy-consuming device
- Fast temporal response
- Create encrypted algorithms for privacy
Electronics – Computing Industrial Computing Course
The Electronics-Computing Industrial Computing program trains candidates to specialize in electronic-computer systems, such as intelligent systems, connected objects, embedded systems, and so on. The curriculum is based on the realization of applications via academic projects and operations conducted by companies. The projects gain complexity as the study program progresses and obtains autonomy.
The gaining of professional skills facilitates candidates to quickly join the professional field.
The Mechanical engineering program finds its use in many industries. It is used in the designing or manufacturing of any manufactured product. The objective of the program at Sorbonne is to offer future engineers skills in multidisciplinary fields in organizations of the mechanical sector.
The skills offered by the Mechanical engineering program are:
- To be able to design new products or develop old products to meet the requirements of customers.
- Enhance the life cycle of a product while ensuring compliance with health, environmental, and safety standards in all stages.
- Recognize the industrial activities as a whole component by integrating the technological, technical, social, and economic dimensions.
Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
The Applied Mathematics and Computer Science engineering program aims to train candidates with a solid knowledge of computer science and applied mathematics. Its students get to interact with experts, overcome their limitations, and use techniques of digital simulation, data analysis, modeling, high-performance computing, or cryptography. It aims to analyze or predict models that are relevant as well as efficient.
The engineering program has an essential role in the fields of energy, telecommunications, transport, embedded systems, agri-food, and engineering and security. They help a company be responsive to market requirements and offer effective and reliable tools to enable decision-making.
The engineering program of Materials trains candidates with extensive theoretical, applied knowledge, and technical skills in the field of Materials.
The curriculum is based on two essential points:
- Physics-chemistry trans-disciplinarily
- Innovation and autonomy through collective work
The engineering program of Robotics is among the only engineering courses in France that give importance to robotics in all three years of the course. It trains candidates in multidisciplinary studies who are capable of comprehending the formation of a robotic system.
The training in Robotics aims at innovation and advanced technology. It is based on the fundamentals of mechanics, computer science, and electronics. The program is unique in the country and offers an inclusive approach to engineering studies. It has been modified to meet the requirements of organizations developing intelligent systems for the future. The students are able to design and develop complex systems.
The program is research and development-oriented. Its students can lead teams of multidisciplinary or specialist projects. The training offers experimental learning and realizing of projects. The skills gained by engineering graduates facilitate them to incorporate all engineering skills beyond the sector of robotics.
Earth sciences: planning, risks, geo-energies
The engineering program of Earth sciences: planning, risks, geo-energies offers its students the scientific and technical skills to sustainably develop the territory, adapt to, and prevent environment and climate change by addressing the issues of the energy transition. The problems addressed are:
- Regional Planning: Major structures, roads, networks and infrastructures, geotechnics, and underground structures and works.
- Natural and industrial risks: Prevention of natural risks, and controlling polluted soils and sites
- Geo-Energies: Utilizing renewable energies such as water resources, geothermal energy, and underground storage of resources.
About Engineering in Sorbonne
The engineering programs at Sorbonne University cover a range of topics in science and engineering. Its Faculty puts emphasis on promoting research in all of its disciplines and fostering multidisciplinary approaches to meet the challenges of the present times.
The academic excellence of the department is supported by its researchers whose projects contribute to the quality of the study programs offered by the faculty. The abovementioned attributes make is one of the popular engineering schools to study in France.
It has 6 departments:
- Earth sciences, environment and biodiversity
The Faculty also has 3 marine stations in:
- The Ecole Polytech Sorbonne
- The Paris Institute of Astrophysics
- The Henri Poincaré Institute
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.