Sajid Javid the new UK Home Secretary who is the son of an immigrant has assured that the hostile immigration policies will be resolved. Below are 10 recommended changes to the UK immigration policy that will address the issue:
- It must be ensured that every passport be it non-EU or EU is scanned on arrival as well as when people depart from the UK.
- The target for net immigration is wholly illogical and needs to be scrapped. Immigration must be controlled but not in a crude fashion, as quoted by the Hindustan Times.
- The practice of imposing hostile immigration targets is also something that needs to be done away with. There should be an enhanced compliant approach as already suggested by Sajid Javid.
- At the heart of Brexit is the idea ‘UK going global’ and collaborating with overseas partners for trade including India. It must be borne in mind that trade deals are not in isolation and must include free movement of people, as suggested by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Eradication of hostile immigration policies must permit addressing the shortage of skills in the UK economy. Thus the vacancies in NHS for nurses or for chefs in the curry industry must not remain unfilled.
- The 2-year post study UK Work Visa must be reintroduced.
- As there is an international race for overseas students, the target must be to enhance their numbers to the UK.
- Reformed UK immigration policies must offer access to the best global talents.
- The hostile approach of the Home Office towards immigration must be totally eradicated including for students.
- Existing EU regulations must be utilized as they already offer control over EU immigration.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to the UK, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.