Bringing up a specially-abled child is a herculean task for parents all over the world. It is particularly more challenging in India due to prevalent superstitions in the society that thinks mental disorders and insanity are the same. The healthcare system in India too is ill-equipped to care for specially-abled children. The less we say the better of the Indian education system which is obsessed with rote learning and the scores of the child.
More Indian parents are hence looking for ways to Migrate to the USA for the below reasons:
- Treatment: It is easier to secure sensitive treatment and personalized attention and care for a specially-abled child in the US. The medical industry is better equipped with treatment methodologies and infrastructure to handle such children.
- Education: Regular schools in the US provide for specially-abled children. In India, 45% of the disabled population does not attend school, as per India Today. Out of the ones who do, only 60% manage to complete class tenth.
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act: Under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, specially-abled students are able to gain special education services up to age 21. Students have multiple options too. They may opt for special schools or self-contained classrooms. Parents can also opt for Private schools which have trained staff and teachers who can help bring out the full potential of the child.
- Technological advancement: Children have access to special aids and learning tools that help them study in a conventional school.
- Inclusive society: The USA offers protection against social stigma arising from mental conditions. Specially-abled children always run the risk of being discriminated upon by the society.
- Immigration procedure: The easiest immigration route to choose would be the EB5 Investment Immigration Visa for such parents. Parents can gain Residence by investing $500,000 to $1 million in a commercial enterprise which is able to create 10 full-time jobs. The US policy on medical admissibility says that the person’s medical condition should not harm another person or property. Also there should be minimum or no reliance on public welfare programs. A candidate who invests $500,000 in the US economy is unlikely to claim public welfare. A special child under 21 years will gain Residence for being the dependent of an EB5 Visa holder, provided the child gets medical admissibility.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of Visa and Immigration products as well as services for aspiring overseas students including Work Visa for USA, Study Visa for USA, and Business Visa for USA.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to the US, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
Indians have a quick but expensive US Green cards option