The Canada Student Visa or Study Permit is a document given by the IRCC that serves as an authorization for overseas students to pursue their studies in Canada. You cannot carry out our education in Canada without the valid study permit. Acceptance letter from a Designated Learning Institution in Canada is the first and foremost requirement of a study permit.
Requirements of Canada Student Visa:
• A lawful travel document such as the valid passport
• Sufficient funds to cater to the fees incurred for studies in Canada. You must also cater to living costs of studies and accompanying family members to Canada if any. Cost for returning to the home nation after the completion of the course must also be catered to.
• You must be fit and possess good health. It may be required to submit a medical clearance for you and accompanying family members. A medical examination is only for nationals from specific countries.
• Give evidence that you are not a risk to the community in Canada. A police certificate must give proof of your clean criminal record.
• Character and medical requirements are applicable for the student and his accompanying family members.
If your program or course is of less than six months duration you will not need a study permit, as quoted by the Canadim.
Benefits of Canada Student Visa:
An overseas student possessing the study permit is permitted to work on a part-time basis in Canada even without requiring applying for a work permit. The student must possess a valid Social Insurance Number. The authorization to work for a student with study permits ends upon expiry of the study permit or if the student discontinues the full-time course.
Spouse and children can accompany a full-time student to Canada. The spouse can work or study if they obtain a spousal open work permit or study permit. Overseas graduates from a designated learning institution in Canada can obtain the open work permit through the Post-Graduation Work Permit program.
Students passing out from a primary or high school level can obtain admission into a high school or post-secondary level institution. Overseas immigrants who have the work experience in Canada can apply for the Canada PR. They can do this under the Provincial Nominee Programs, Federal Skilled Worker Program, Canadian Experience Class or any other valid program.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, contact Y-Axis, the world’s most trusted Immigration & Visa Consultant.