New Zealand Skilled Immigrant category will be changed effective from today i.e. August 28, 2017, and the changes are diverse covering various aspects of skilled immigration.
- Thresholds of salary will now be used additionally to define skilled employment
- Skill level 1, 2, and 3 Jobs at ANZSCO must have salary more than or equal to 23.49 dollars per hour that equal to 48, 859 dollars annually for weekly 40 hours
- ANZSCO jobs that are not at skill levels 1, 2, and 3 must have a salary more than or equal to 23. 49 dollars per hour that equal to 73, 299 dollars annually for weekly 40 hours
- Applicants in the New Zealand Skilled Immigrant category will be offered bonus points for high salary more than or equal to 46.98 per hour equal to 97, 718 dollars annually for weekly 40 hours
- Additional points will be offered for work experience provided it is skilled, as quoted by the Indian Weekender Co NZ
- 10 points will be offered for 1-year skilled work experience in New Zealand with no extra points for 2 years or more of work experience
- Points for level 10 or 9 Master’s and Doctoral qualifications will be increased to 70 points
- Points for people aged between 39-30 years will be increased to 30 points
- Points will be only offered for qualifications of partner only if degree is Bachelor’s or higher level
- Applicants in the New Zealand Skilled Immigrant category who satisfy English, character, health and selection requirements but do not possess higher degree gained or skilled employment in New Zealand will be offered ‘Job Search Visa’. This will enable such applicants to find skilled employment in New Zealand.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to New Zealand, contact Y-Axis, the world’s most trusted Immigration & Visa Consultant.