There are different types of German Visas available depending on your purpose of travel. Whether you want to travel to or study, to do business or take up Permanent Residence, you need to get a different visa.
Germany has become a part of the Schengen Zone since 1995. Since then, German Visas have been called Germany Schengen Visas.
So, if you wish to apply for Germany Schengen Visa, here are the necessary documents you need:
- You need to download and complete the Germany Schengen Visa application form. You need to print it then to get a hard copy.
- You will need passport-sized photographs for your visa application. The photographs should be recent with the face clearly seen with a light background.
- You need to have a passport which is valid for at least three months after the date of your journey. You have to submit copies of your passport and any previous visas that you may have.
- You need to purchase travel health insurance with a minimum coverage of €30,000. Your insurance should cover not just Germany but also the entire Schengen Zone.
- You need to submit a cover letter that explains why you are visiting Germany.
- It is advisable to submit your flight itinerary with your entry and exit dates from Germany as well.
- It is also advisable to submit hotel booking or any other accommodation arrangements that you may have made. However, most people make these arrangements once their visa is approved.
- You also need to submit proof of funds to cover your entire stay in Germany. You must meet the minimum balance criteria to get a visa success.
If you are employed, you need to submit these documents as well:
- Offer letter or employment contract
- Your current bank statements for at least the past six months
- Leave approval letter from your current employer
- Income tax documents
Self-employed people need to submit these documents
- Copy of your business license
- Income tax return documents
- Bank statements for at least the last six months
Students travelling to Germany need to submit proof of enrolment and a NOC (No objection certificate) from their college/University.
Those who are retired need to submit their pension statement for the past six months. In case they have a regular income, they need to submit proof of the same. They also need to submit property proof.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate Overseas, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
DO YOU KNOW THE REQUIREMENTS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IN GERMANY?