The latest H-1B Visa news as revealed by the official report in the US has revealed that almost 75% or 3 out of 4 H-1B Visa holders are from India. This is as per the USCIS – US Citizenship and Immigration Services. The statistics are as of 5 October 2018, said the USCIS.
Around 419, 637 overseas nationals are working in the US through the H-1B Visas as of 5 October. Out of these, 309, 986 are from India, reveals the USCIS report, as quoted by the Economic Times. The report has been titled “Fiscal Year 2018: H-1B Petitions by Nation of Birth and Gender”.
The H-1B Visa news as per USCIS report further elaborates that the gender disparity is huge when it comes to these visas. The numbers of female H-1B Visa holders is 106, 096 or 25% out of the total 419, 637. Meanwhile, 311, 997 or 74.3 % males are H-1B Visa holders. This disparity is even wider among the India visa holders.
There are 63, 220 or 20% female H-1B Visa holders among the total Indian 309, 986 Indian Visa holders. On the other hand, there are 245, 517 or 80% male Indian H-1B Visa holders.
Chinese are a distant second when it comes to H-1B Visa holders with 47, 172. They account for 11% of the total overseas nationals employed on these visas. Indians who top the list are way ahead with 74%.
India and China are followed by South Korea and Canada in the list. These are the only 2 nations apart from the top 2 nations with little more than 1% H-1B Visa holders ( 1.1% precisely).
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…