The Department of Home Affairs has released further details of the TSS Australia Visa or Temporary Skill Shortage Visa on 19th February 2018. Below are the crucial updates:
- It has been reaffirmed by the Department of Home Affairs – DHA that current processing time will be applicable for certain applications. These include applications filed prior to the execution date for standard business sponsorship – 457 nomination and Subclass 457 visas. 457 nomination applications that have been filed without lodging an associated visa application will be canceled and the nominee fee will be refunded.
- Auto-approval for sponsorship renewals will be present for another 5 years. This will be on the completion of a renewal form that is streamlined. The exceptions will be cases where sponsor announces that they no longer adhere to the criteria or integrity concerns.
- TSS Australia visa applications mandate that the applicant possesses minimum 2 years of work experience in the last 5 years in the occupation that is nominated.
- The employer will have to choose the duration of the period of employment while completing the nomination form, as quoted by the Australian. The likely options are 1, 2, 3, or 4 years based on whether the occupation qualifies for a long-term or short-term stream.
- The individuals who possess short-term, multiple, successive Temporary Skill Shortage Visa or TSS Visa may have issues to satisfy the requirement for authentic provisional entrant – GTE.
- A new condition 8607 is added. A new nomination and visa approval will be required by the TSS visa holders who intend to change the job rather than the firm.
- All TSS visa applications will mandatorily have to undergo testing for labor market – LMT. The exception is where overseas obligations are applicable.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.