Australia announces 5 visa changes for “Supporting international students to support Australian jobs”. As per a July 20 joint media release by Dan Tehan [Minister for Education] and Alan Tudge [Acting Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs].
These Australia student visa changes have been announced as an attempt by the Morrison Government to ensure that “Australia remains a priority destination for international students” even in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to the media release, “International students are extremely important to Australia and our economy, contributing $40 billion annually and supporting 250,000 jobs. Many also go on to become great Australian citizens.”
5 visa changes announced for ensuring that international students are not impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and “Australia remains competitive with other countries”.
5 visa changes for Australia student visa holders
1. The Australian government to resume granting student visas in all of the locations lodged outside Australia. By the time that the borders re-open, international students will already have their visas and can proceed to make travel arrangements.
2. International students will be able to lodge – free of charge – a further student visa application, if they had been unable to complete their studies within the original visa validity because of COVID-19.
3. Student visa holders that are studying online from outside Australia due to the pandemic will be able to use that online study to count for the Australian study requirement needed for a post-study work visa.
4. Graduates that held a student visa will be eligible for applying for an Australian post-study work visa while outside Australia if they cannot return to the country due to COVID-19.
5. Additional time to be given to applicants towards providing their English language results wherever such services have been disrupted due to COVID-19.
These Australian student visa changes will give international students confidence in making their visa arrangements in order to be able to make plans for study overseas in Australia when it is safe to do so.
If you are looking to Migrate, Study, Invest, Visit, or Work Overseas, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No. 1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like it…