Tier 2 General is a points-based system, which is for migrants from outside Europe. You do not need to apply under the points-based system if:
- You are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland – the European national section describes your right to work in the UK.
- You are a British overseas territories citizen, unless you are from one of the sovereign base areas in Cyprus.
- You are a Commonwealth citizen with permission to enter or stay in the UK because at least one of your grandparents was born here – the UK ancestry section explains how you can apply.
- Your partner or (if you are under 18 years) one of your parents have permission to stay in the UK under Tier 2 of the points-based system – you should apply as their dependent or
- You have no conditions or time limit attached to your stay.
Tier 2 General visa allows candidates to live and work in the UK and even apply for PR after a specified period of time. So if you certificate of sponsorship from a UK employer, apply for Tier 2 visa now. Y-Axis can assist you process your Tier 2 application. Write to us for the same.
- Can live and work in the UK.
- Can extend the stay in the UK.
- Will be eligible for PR after 5 years stay in the UK.
In order to qualify for the Tier 2 (General) you must score 50 points based on the certificate of sponsorship and appropriate salary. These are known as your ‘attributes’.
Points are available for your attributes as follows:
Assigned a certificate of sponsorship, because:
The Certificate of sponsorship page explains how you can score these points.
|Appropriate salary and allowances the Appropriate salary and allowances page explains how you can score these points.||20|
Points for your English language ability:
You must score 10 points for English language ability.
The English language page explains how you can score these points.
Points for maintenance (funds):
You must score 10 points for maintenance (funds).
Who you’re applying for
Apply online or by post in UK
Apply in person outside the UK
Main Applicant (if you’re from Turkey or Macedonia)
£1,180 each person
£963 each person
*Note:-You’ll also have to pay the Healthcare surcharge as part of your application and any additional VFS cost.
Once an application is submitted at the UK Embassy, the process time is 2 – 4 weeks.
The process time may increase if the Embassy schedules an interview.
Full Service Deliverable
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Documents Checklist.
- Complete Application Processing.
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing.
- Sample drafts.
- Job Search Assistance.*
* These services are provided at an additional cost.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.