Earning the required points to be eligible for a PR Visa to Australia, can be very tough! But now, this process has been greatly simplified by allowing your partner to earn the left over points for you. To add to your existing low score, all you need to do is apply for your partner to accompany you to Australia.
What can take you to Australia
Such an application will add your partner’s skill assessment points to your own taking your points to a higher level. Apart from this simply applying will give you as many as 5 points. These 5 points are granted on the basis of multiple factors. The most important among all these is your partner’s competency in English.
Other requirements in acquiring this visa is skill assessment in accordance with the rules of the country being aged between 18-45 years. The nominated occupation must be on the relevant list, should have funds to maintain your stay in the country and finally you should meet the health and character requirement of Australia.
Other things you must know:
Other criteria that will help you gain points include overseas experience, studying and living in an Australian local area and the level of your partners skills. The fee for the assessment of your skill differs from that for your education.
You must score at least 65 points against points test factors to be eligible to be invited to apply for this visa. Points are awarded on the basis of the factors listed below:
- Age:- The age of the applicant should be between 18 -45 years.
- English language: – The applicant should prove that he/she meets the English language of competent or vocational level by submitting the test results before the application is lodged. You should also meet the English Language threshold (IELTS 6 bands in all the components- no points) if you hold a valid passport and are a citizen of one of the following countries: United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America and Republic of Ireland. If you need 10 or 20 points under Proficient English (IELTS 7 or more bands/ 8 or more bands respectively in all the components), English Language test results are required.
- Nominated occupation:- The applicant should nominate an occupation on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations that is relevant to his/her skills, qualifications and recent work experience.
- Skill Assessment:- It is mandatory for an applicant to get a positive skill assessment for a nominated occupation before the application is lodged.
- Maintenance funds:- The applicants should show sufficient maintenance funds to obtain sponsorship from state territory.
- Health & character requirements:- The applicant has to meet with health and character requirements.
Points can also be earned on the following eligibility criteria:
- Overseas Experience points (Experience outside Australia):- The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for having three/five/eight years of overseas experience in the nominated occupation in the last 10 years.
- Overseas Qualification points (Qualifications gained outside Australia):- The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for recognized qualifications which is at a level of Bachelors or higher or PhD. or holding qualifications that are assessed by the assessing body during the skills assessment.
- Australian Study:- The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim additional points for Australian study for a qualification which is a course of at least two Academic years or more.
- Live and Study in Regional Area:- The applicant can claim additional points, if the Australian study requirement of living and studying in a ‘regional low population growth metropolitan area’ for at least 2 years in Australia, is met.
- Australian Experience :- The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for having worked in Australia in one of the occupations listed on the relevant list, in a full-time paid employment.
- Partner Skills :- The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points under partner skills, if the partner satisfies the basic requirements of age, English language ability, qualifications and skills assessment result. The partner should obtain positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority and IELTS of 6 in each band. Spouse nominated occupation should be from the same occupations list that of the main applicant.
- There are 5 points granted for Professional years for atleast 12 months done from Australia in the last 4 years and Credential community language qualification points if you have been assessed as a Para professional translator by NAATI.
Application Fees for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program If the applicant is applying outside Australia
- Skill Assessment fee – AUD$300-AUD$2200
- Education Assessment (if applicable) – AUD$60 – AUD$400
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Document checklist
- Complete Migration Processing & Application Processing
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Guidance on acquiring the specific Police Clearance Certificate
- Assistance with Medicals
- Updates & Follow up with the Department of Home Affairs (DIBP earlier)
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required
- Job Search Assistance*
*These services are provided at an additional cost.
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest rules and regulations.
- Our experience at having filed thousands of applications has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
- Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. We have the highest success rate & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
- There are five countries that currently have a point based immigration program. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
- There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative can sponsor you / an overseas Employer can sponsor you Or the country itself can sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
Why should you file your migration petition this month?
Why should you not delay?
Rules may change. Everything has a quota!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don’t take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
You save time
If you postpone your decision, you end up in the same career junction even next year. Take a decision and advance your career right now.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit and it gets stricter as you grow older. You may not be eligible even a year later. And then as you get older, you ability to adjust to new surroundings also decreases.
Apply now – you may also earn extra points for age!
Your kids adjust faster when they are younger
Your kids adjust better and learn faster when younger. Remember, this opportunity is for them too.
Better in every way
If you are not married, it will improve your profile and get you a better partner.
It is never a bad thing to hold a PR visa that allows you to work & live overseas.
It is never a bad thing to hold an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport.
No kids? Even better
If you are married and do not have children yet, your kids born inside the country will become Naturalized Citizens automatically.
You may change your mind
You or your spouse may change your mind later and may miss on something good in your life and for your children.
Treat your migration petition as an investment for the future – yours and your children. Apply for it now, watch it mature later. Avail of the benefits all your life.
So, why should you sign up now, because you need to strike when the iron is hot!
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.