Malta is a small European island country in the Mediterranean. It may only have a population of 430,000 but it offers a wealth of diverse opportunity. Malta is a popular destination for the security, culture and lifestyle it offers, along with its thriving real estate market. All of which are, not surprisingly, of key interest to the investor looking for a way into Europe and the rest of the world.
The Malta Residence and Visa Programme (MRVP) provide successful applicants with the right of permanent residence in Malta or indefinite leave of stay. It provides international investors with residency rights. These rights will apply only for non-EU. The programme has no minimum or maximum stay requirements.
- The residence card gives visa-free travel within European Union without the hassle of internal border controls.
- Right to reside indefinitely in Malta.
- Five years permanent residence leading to Citizenship.
- A Residency programme that allows families to apply:
Family members can be included:
- The Spouse of the main applicant
- Children of the main applicant or his spouse who is less than 18 years of age.
- Children of the main applicant between the age of 18 and 26 years, who are not married and proves that the person is not economically active and is principally dependent of the main applicant.
- A parent or grandparents of the main applicant or spouse, who is not economically active and is principally dependent of the main applicant.
- Children at least 18 years and who are in person with Disability and are fully supported by the main applicant.
- An efficient tax system: Malta is an attractive financial center due to its highly favorable tax system. Malta does not impose any inheritance tax, gift tax or wealth taxes.
- A moderate cost of living.
- A country which is safe and very stable growing economy.
- Hold a qualifying property for a minimum of 5 years from the date of issuance of the Residency Certificate, either through the:
Purchase of property of either:
- A minimum of €270,000 for properties situated in Gozo and the South of Malta, or
- A minimum of €320,000 for properties situated in the rest of Malta.
Rent of property of either:
- A minimum of €10,000 per annum for properties situated in Gozo or the South of Malta, or
- A minimum of €12,000 per annum for properties situated in the rest of Malta.
- Holds a qualifying investment of not less than €250,000* for a minimum of 5 years from the date of issuance of the Residency Certificate.
- Has an annual income of not less than €100,000 arising outside of Malta, or has in his possession a capital of not less than €500,000.
- Meet Health and Conduct conditions.
* Finance options available!*
- An initial fee of €5,500* (non-refundable) has to be paid upon submission of application.
- An additional €5,000 is to be submitted per dependent.
- Additional Charges as applicable.
Upon receiving the Residency Certificate Approval:
- Pay the remaining contribution fee, amounting to €24,500, plus €5,000 per additional adult applicant, if applicable.
*Attorney Charges as applicable (non-refundable)
To process the application takes approximately 4 Months from the date of submission.
- Facilitating on the Application submission
- Documentation Guidance
- Filling the Application form
- Regular Updates on your case / the process
- Guidance on Investment Process
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.