Love knows no boundaries. If your partner or fiancé/fiancée is in Australia and is a citizen, permanent resident there, or an eligible New Zealand citizen settled in Australia, then Subclass 300, i.e. Prospective Marriage Visa is for you. It is to unite you with your de facto partner/fiancée. You can use this visa to visit Australia and then marry your fiancé/fiancée and live there as husband and wife.
Subclass 309/100: The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is the first stage towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 100). You lodge only one application for your temporary and permanent visas and pay one application charge. Your application is processed in two stages, about two years apart.
Subclass 820/801: The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) is the first stage towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 801). You must be in Australia when you apply and also when this visa is decided. You lodge one application form for your temporary and permanent visas and pay one application charge. Your application is processed in two stages, about two years apart.
Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300): This visa allows people (aged above 18 years) to come to Australia to marry their prospective spouse. You might be able to get this visa if you intend to marry an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. It is a temporary visa for nine months. You must be outside Australia when you lodge your application and when the visa is granted. You can have the wedding in any country: the wedding need not take place in Australia. You must:
- Intend to marry and live as husband or wife with your prospective spouse
- Be sponsored by your prospective spouse
- Know your prospective spouse and have met in person
- Meet age, health and character requirements.
The visa duration is 9 months from the date of issue. It requires you to be in Australia and get married within the specified period. However, if the marriage does not take place, you should meet the following:
- Apply from outside Australia and be there until the visa is issued.
- Sponsorship from de facto partner/fiancé/fiancée, who is above 18, and is an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen settled in Australia.
After arriving in Australia and getting married, you can apply for 100/309 Partner Visa for permanent residency.
Your application will be processed by RMA (authorized agent for DIBP). Your application will be represented by RMA to the concerned department. RMA will be able to communicate with the Australia immigration department regarding your application with your consent.
You must be outside Australia and married or in a de facto relationship with:
- An Australian citizen
- An Australian permanent resident
- An eligible New Zealand citizen.
You must be in a genuine and ongoing relationship. You must live with your partner or, if you do not, any separation must be only temporary. Both parties must freely consent to the relationship.
You can apply if you intend to marry your partner before a decision on your visa is made.
Your marriage must be valid under Australian law. Underage and polygamous marriages are not legal in Australia. The marriage could be valid under limited circumstances if one person is younger than 18 years of age.
Your de facto relationship must have existed for at least 12 months,just before you apply for this visa. Time spent dating does not count towards the length of your de facto relationship.
You might be granted a visa without having been in a de facto relationship for 12 months if:
- You can demonstrate compelling and compassionate circumstances, such as having dependent children
- Your partner has been granted a permanent humanitarian visa and your de facto relationship existed before it was issued, and you told us about the relationship before the humanitarian visa was granted
- Your de facto relationship has been registered in Australia (this is not available in all states and territories).
You must be older than 18 years of age and not be related to your partner by family. This means you cannot be an ancestor or descendant of one another, or have a parent in common.
You must meet certain health requirements. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months.
This applies to all dependent family members included in your application, whether they are migrating or not.
You must meet certain character requirements. You must be prepared to provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age. Do not arrange for police certificates until we ask you to.
This also applies to all dependent family members in the application who are 16 years of age or older.
Debts to the Australian Government
You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted.
To be a sponsor you must
- Be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Be married, be in a de facto relationship with your partner, or intend to marry before the visa is decided
- Be older than 18 years of age.
Base application charge
Non-internet application charge
Additional applicant charge
Additional applicant charge under 18
Partner (Subclass 309/100)
Partner (Subclass 801/820)
Prospective partner(Subclass 300)
- Sponsor can also sponsor your other dependent family members at an additional cost.
- Reside permanently – work, study, live – in Australia.
- File for eligible relatives to migrate to Australia.
- Receive social security and healthcare benefits in case of PR visas after certain period.
- Apply for Citizenship on being eligible.
Our deliverable if registered for an Australia visa process:
- You will be assigned a Registered migration agent soon from our office in Melbourne Australia who shall initiate your application process, after your details are checked by our agent and receiving a signed service agreement.
- You will also be assigned a Process executive from India who will be assisting your Registered migration agent to coordinate with you and providing required assistance on the application documentation and related queries with RMA’s consent and approval.
- Advise on the complete process stage-wise by RMA.
- Provide you the document checklist stage-wise and assisting you with the requisites and the alternatives.
- Provide documents samples and assist you with inputs wherever necessary.
- Representing your file and submission of your application with the concerned Australian assessing authorities (where applicable) and immigration department.
- Advise on health and character requirements.
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest rules and regulations.
- Our experience at having filed thousands of applications has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
- Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. We have the highest success rate & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
- There are five countries that currently have a point based immigration program. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
- There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative can sponsor you / an overseas Employer can sponsor you Or the country itself can sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
Why should you file your migration petition this month?
Why should you not delay?
Rules may change. Everything has a quota!
Immigration rules are volatile and governments are always debating whether to close the door or whom to close the door on. Don’t take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible, a few months from now.
You save time:
If you postpone your decision, you end up in the same career junction even next year. Take a decision and advance your career right now.
You aren’t growing any younger!
Most countries have an age limit and it gets stricter as you grow older. You may not be eligible even a year later. And then as you get older, you ability to adjust to new surroundings also decreases.
you may also earn extra points for age!
Your kids adjust faster when they are younger
Your kids adjust better and learn faster when younger. Remember, this opportunity is for them too.
Better in every way:
If you are not married, it will improve your profile and get you a better partner.
It is never a bad thing to hold a PR visa that allows you to work & live overseas.
It is never a bad thing to hold an additional UK, Australia, Germany or Canadian Passport.
No kids? Even better:
If you are married and do not have children yet, your kids born inside the country will become Naturalized Citizens automatically.
You may change your mind:
You or your spouse may change your mind later and may miss on something good in your life and for your children.
Treat your migration petition as an investment for the future – yours and your children. Apply for it now, watch it mature later. Avail of the benefits all your life.
So, why should you sign up now, because you need to strike when the iron is hot!
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.