The number of new permanent resident visas in 2015 could be anywhere between 260,000 and 285,000 making it the highest so far, said the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, Chris Alexander. It would be a marginal increase of over 19,000 PR visas when compared to the last year.
The increasing numbers correspond to the economic growth and also address the issues of skills shortage in Canada. Skilled permanent visas will account to 65% of the total migrant visas and the remaining 35% will be for family based migration, refugees, and people on humanitarian programs.
That apart, the predictions show that Canada Experience Class will record the highest number of admissions in 2015.
For more news and updates on immigration and visas, please visit Y-Axis News