UK student visa

Sign up for free

expert consultation

Down Arrow

I accept the Terms & Conditions

Don't know what to do?

Get Free Counseling

Posted on August 23 2015

Thailand is relaxing its visa requirements

By  Editor
Updated April 03 2023
As per a report on, Thailand has given the green light to multiple-entry, six-month visas for all, which is expected is to be a huge boost for tourism. Tourism Minister Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul said Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha granted the move, which will be effective within 60 days after receiving Cabinet approval. Currently, citizens of 57 countries are offered single-visit visa-free entry to the country, for stays of between 14 and 90 days, depending on the nationality. The government plans to charge THB5,000 (US$142) for the six-month visa. The campaign drew 12.48 million tourists in the first five months, a growth of 25% from the same period last year, and generated 592 billion baht in revenue. The TAT is now aiming to generate about 2.33 trillion baht in tourism revenue in 2016 by attracting middle-income tourists through activities that encourage consumer spending. It would also relax travel conditions and increase cooperation with other countries, particularly Thailand’s neighbours. Most recently, Myanmar and Thailand agreed to waive entry visas at major airports, which would allow its citizens to travel between the two countries without an entry visa. The Thai Tourism and Sports Ministry has also planned to expand the regional tourism market by improving links with countries along the Mekong River, including Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam. Each country is assigned to lead one of seven areas including tourism marketing, product linkage, tourist exchange, tourism product development, tourism safety and private sector involvement.



Options for you by Y-Axis

phone 1

Get it on your mobile


Get News alerts

contact 1

Contact Y-Axis

Latest Article

Popular Post

Trending Article

H-1B visa

Posted On June 13 2024

Can engineers apply for the H-1B visa?