Many a time, people who go to the UAE for various purposes like work, investment, visit etc get exposed to visa fraud. However, following certain useful tips could help you avoid any labour or visa frauds.
Here is how to avoid labour and visa fraud while going to the UAE:
- A valid job offer letter is the one issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation. If someone offers you a job in the UAE, check if you have been given a valid job offer letter.
- Check the validity of your job offer letter with your local UAE Embassy. A valid job offer letter starts with ST followed by digits. You can also verify the validity of the offer letter on the MOHRE website.
- Remember that you cannot work in the UAE on a Tourist Visa. Do not believe anyone who tells you otherwise.
- Employment or Work Visas for the UAE are applied by the employer from within the country. Your employer will send you your Employment Visa after you sign your offer letter.
- Also, remember that your employer is responsible for any recruitment expenses. This is as per the Labour Laws of the UAE.
- Before you sign your offer letter make sure that your company exists legally. You can look up your company in the National Economic register to get details about the company.
- You may verify if your entry permit is valid or not at the eChannels platform. This is true for all entry permits issued from Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Umm Al Quwain, Ajman, Fujairah or Ras Al Khaimah.
- Tourist Visas for the UAE are issued by travel agencies and UAE-based hotels. They are also issued by airlines like Etihad, Emirates, Air Arabia and Fly Dubai.
- There is no “Independent Employment Visa” in the UAE. Your Employment Visa requires you to work for the employer who has sponsored your visa. Your employer may allow you to work for another employer after getting approval from the MOHRE.
- Your Residence Visa cannot be processed while you are outside the country. A Residence Permit can only be issued when an applicant has entered the country on a valid entry permit.
- Check the fees for entry permits and visas on the official website to avoid getting duped
- If you need any help regarding visas or entry permits issued from Dubai, you may do so through the chat service of Amer.
- If your entry permit or visa was issued from Dubai, you may check its validity on the GDRFA website
- For any queries regarding visas or entry permits, you may contact the MOHRE via phone, email or chat service
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa and immigration services as well as products to the aspiring overseas immigrants including Y-International Resume 0-5 yrs, Y-International Resume (Senior Level) 5+ yrs, Y Jobs, Y-Path, Resume Marketing Services One State and One Country.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to the UAE, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
Pakistani guard detained for selling fake visas in the UAE