VISA-Business Visa Sector A-UK Business Visit Visa
1.What is a UK Business Visit Visa ?
This visa is for people coming to the UK to carry out permitted activities relating to their job which is based outside of the UK.
2.Who can apply?
You can apply for a Business Visitor visa if:
- You want to come to the UK for a short time because of your job.
- You’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
3.How long one can stay in UK with this visa?
This visa lasts for up to 6 months.
4.What if the purpose of business visit is not fulfilled in 6 months?
You can apply to extend your visa as long as the total time you spend in the UK is less than 6 months.
You can also apply for a long-term visit visa if you can prove you need to make repeat visits over a longer period. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit and your visa can last for 1, 2, 5 or 10 years.
5.What you can and can’t do?
- Carry out the permitted activities related to your job as described in your visa application as long as you’re employed and paid by an overseas company.
- Study for up to 30 days, as long as it’s not the main reason for your visit.
- Take other paid or unpaid work – you can only do the permitted activities described in your visa application.
- Live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits.
- Marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership.
- get private medical treatment.
- Get public funds.