Subclass 489 FAQ’s
1. What is required to be eligible to apply for the Skill Regional state or relative sponsored provisional visa?
- The basic requirements of the applicant for skill regional sponsored visa are:
- The age of the applicant should be below 50 years.
- The applicant should be a superior or proficient in English language.
- The applicant has to be sponsored by State/Territory regional government or eligible relative living in a designated area.
- The applicant has to nominate an occupation listed on the SOL.
Note: Applicant occupation should be available in SOL to be eligible to lodge for relative sponsored provisional visa, where as applicant occupation can be also available in CSOL to lodge for the Skill Regional state provisional visa.
2. Can I get sponsorship from one participating State/Territory and live in a highly populated area of the same country?
No, it is mandatory for you to either live, work or study in regional areas of sponsoring State/Territory of Australia.
3. What is the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)?
Skilled Occupation List (SOL) provides the list of opportunities available in Australia for people who are on Skilled Migration to Australia, the applicant has to nominate an occupation that matches with the skills, work experience and qualifications.
4. What is a pool mark under the Australia Immigration Points test?
60 points. This is the minimum points that the applicant should be able to score to meet the threshold requirements to be eligible to migrate to Australia. However; the pool mark is different from the pass mark. The marks required to keep your application in a reserve pool for a period of 2 years after the assessment if you are unable to score the required pool mark. In case a lower pool mark is set at any point of time during these two years and your pool marks meet the criterion then your application will be processed further.
5. What is Australian Study requirement?
The applicant must have completed 16 calendar months during his/her course of study, either for a single qualification requiring at least 2 academic years study or for more than 1 qualification resulting in a total period of at least 2 academic years study in Australia.
6. What is work experience?
To meet with work experience criteria of Australia visa, you should be employed in an occupation listed on the SOL/CSOL. The employment should be at least for 20 hours a week in a paid position.
7. How do I qualify for PR visa holding Skilled Regional state/designated relative Sponsored Visa?
You will be eligible to apply for a permanent visa after you have lived for 2 years and worked for at least 12 months in a specific designated/regional area of Australia.
8. Can I stay in Australia whilst lodging the application?
Yes, you can stay in Australia whilst lodging the application unless there is a condition on your current visa that prevents you from staying in Australia.
9. What should I do if my dependent does not have functional English?
Dependents aged18 years and over have to pay second installment visa application charges, if he/she does not have functional English.
10. Can I take my dependents along with me?
Spouse, partner, dependent children and other dependant family members can be included in the application. The secondary applicants should meet the other relevant criteria set along health, character and English language requirement.
11. What If I am not able to meet the requirements to be granted a permanent visa after four years?
You will be granted a second Provisional visa, provided you have compiled with the conditions of your previous visa. The second visa will be valid for a period of 12 months further.
12. How can I find out if I am eligible to apply for the Skilled regional state/designated area sponsored visa? How can I apply for the visa?
Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile & assesses your age, education, work experience, occupation & personal finances to determine if you are eligible to apply for the Skilled regional state/designated relative sponsored visa and will advise you with the procedure to apply.
To find out if you are eligible, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.