Immigration and visa consultants

Over 1 million counseled for free.



1.Will I need a student visa to come to the UK to study?

If you are a citizen of the EU (or Iceland, Norway, Switzerland or Liechtenstein) you will not need a student visa to come to the UK to study. If you are a national of any other country, you will need entry clearance. In most cases, that means you will have to apply for a student visa.

2. What is an I-20 and how do I get it?

The Form I-20 is an official U.S. Government form, issued by a certified school, which a prospective non immigrant student must have in order to get an F-1 or M-1 visa. Form I-20 acts as proof-of-acceptance and contains the information necessary to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee, apply for a visa or change visa status, and be admitted into the United States. The Form I-20 has the student’s SEVIS identification number, which starts with the letter N and is followed by nine digits, on the upper right hand side directly above the bar code.

3. How early should I apply for my student visa?

You are encouraged to apply for your non immigrant student visa as soon as you have your I-20. To ensure you get an early and timely date you may apply at anytime. However, a student visa may be issued no more than 120 days prior to the start date mentioned on your I-20.

4. I received my visa, when should I travel?

You may only enter the United States within 30 days of the beginning of the course of study stated on your I-20, regardless of when your visa was issued.

5. What if I receive an I-20 to a different school?

If you received an I-20 after scheduling your appointment, then you can inform the U.S. consular officer of the new I-20 at the time of the interview.

6.Can a person on a visitor visa change his/her status to student while in the United States if he/she gains admission to a school and gets a Form I-20?

Yes. In general, you may apply to change your non immigrant visa status if you were lawfully admitted to the United States with a non immigrant visa, if your non immigrant status remains valid, if you have not violated the conditions of your status, and you have not committed any actions that would make you ineligible.

7.What types of student visa are there?

There are two types of UK student visa: Student Visitor Visa and Tier 4 Student Visa. A Student Visitor Visa (SVV) is sufficient for short academic courses and for most English courses. For longer academic courses, you will need a Tier 4 Visa. These are divided into two categories: Tier 4 (General) and Tier 4 (Child). Tier 4 visas are issued under the provisions of the UK Points Based System (PBS).

8.What type of student visa will I need?

For academic courses up to 6 months, or English courses up to 11 months, a Student Visitor Visa will be sufficient. (Note: the 6-11 month visa is also known as an Extended Student Visitor Visa, or ESVV). For longer courses, or if you plan to extend your study time in the UK, you will need a Tier 4 Student Visa.

9.Will I be able to work when I am in the UK?

If you have a Tier 4 Student Visa, you may be allowed to work full time during vacations and part time during term time, but it depends on the level of course you are studying and the type of institution that sponsored your student visa.

Important: if you are studying a university foundation or pre-masters course on a university campus, you should check whether your student visa is sponsored by the university or by a private education provider working with the university. This will affect your right to work during term time. Your student adviser can provide further details if you are not sure.

10.What are the restrictions on Student Visitor Visas?

Restrictions apply if you enter as a student visitor. The main restrictions are follows: i) you will not be able to apply for more time in the UK, even to extend your studies; ii) you will not be able to undertake any employment, even unpaid placements or internships as part of your study; iii) you will not be able to study at a government funded school.

 For further details, please Get in touch or you can e-mail us on One of our representatives will get back to you at the earliest.


91 40 3054 5000

Office Hours 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
You can talk to a career expert right now.


Send us an email and a Y-Axis Counselor will get back to you in 24 hrs.


YAXIS to 56677

A Y-Axis Counselor
will get back to you in 24 hrs.

Find an
office near you

Y-Axis has an office in every major city in India. Also in London, Toronto and Melbourne. Walk-in for free counseling.

Click here for:
Live Chat

Y-Axis has an office in every major city in India. Also in London, Toronto and Melbourne. Walk-in for free counseling.

Get Free Counseling

We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.

I agree to receive news and updates from Y-Axis


  • Our Commitment
  • Heal A Child Know More School
Global Presence:
© 2017 Y- Axis Overseas Careers . All Rights Reserved.